Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I am building some home brew front spring packs out of stock rears from my 85 toy and three leafs from a set of tough country 3.5" lift front springs. My question is what are you all using for spring clamps to keep the springs from fanning out? The clamps on the stock rears are to small to fit around all five leafs.

thanks

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Really simple fix for this.

I took 1"x.375 flat bar then took two pieces about 5" long and bolted them together. I am not the best at explaining here is a pic.

Only thing you have to be careful of is you need them to be able to rest against something like an old spring wrap or whatever. If you dont then they will just slide to the end of the spring.

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
Find yourself a spring shop; I got some two piece clamps from one here for pretty cheap.

·
Registered
281 Posts
spring clamps

I cut off the old clamps and used 1"x 3/16" flat stock. Cut it to length (longer than stock) and drill a hole in the middle. I grabbed a bolt heated it up and put it back in like the rivet that was there. Then drill a hole in each side of the stock that is above the springs and put a bolt through it. You can make them slightly linger than stock and let the spring droop more. Works good for me.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts