Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i bought a sammy for 3k with the spring over, 4 to 1 tcase gears,and 1k worth of boggers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so the motor was smoking bad and the weber carb flooded on every steep hill climb. a good friend sold me his project sammy for parts and a good 96 1.6 liter with harness and computer for $400.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought this thread was going to be about creaky leaf springs....

Nice find on the rig. Worth it just for the shoes it's wearing.
yeah ive made a bad habit of buyin trucks for the tires

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
now at this point im just learning about ecms and such so i shelled out the 500 for trail toughs 16valve conversion

Attachments

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the jackass that rebuilt the transfercase last didnt get a ne countershaft or needle bearings.nor did he remember to remove the speedo gear first which resulted in this

Attachments

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cant remember how much that cost me but i rebuilt it again.but to this day ive had a problem with it snapping out of gear ive installed shims/upgraded output shaft,flipped the coupler over to nice new teeth and notched the body in front of the shifter because i believed the body lift was causing a clearance issue. so im gonna fab up a tcase cradle similar to zors snatch to mount it more solidly

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my buddy who sold me the sammy also gave me some teraflex dropout shackles which i tried but i didnt like how shaky it was at speed so i fabbed up my own missing link setup with a ruf conversion.It helped a lot with the extra weight of my new winch

Attachments

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The last pic was the teraflex installed by themselves this is my ruf/missing link

Attachments

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If only you had some Toyota's to go under it.
not to worry ive got toyotas with longs and 5.29s under this amigo i recenty aquired from a friend who was burnt out on it

Attachments

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i need to lower the front end on the amigo and ive got to wire in the fuel injection on the 96 blazer 4.3l vortec.any body got an example of a bare bones modified wiring harness?
this is my diy histeer

Attachments

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
were going rockcrawling at katemsy rocks in september. The last time i didnt have powersteering or highsteer so this time ought to be more fun. heres my diff guard

Attachments

·
Premium Member
784 Posts

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
funny story when winch a 10,000 lb truck you should not tie your rear bumper to a tree.the good news is the rear bumper is the one i welded on.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.