Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the front leafs on my fj40, the rear hanger, where the eye of the leaf hangs not the shackle end, needs replacing. Does chrysler, ford, or any other manufacturer sell a replacment hanger cheap?

Shaun

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
build them out of box steel or have a fabricator do it, with the proper skills and tools, it will look better and be MUCH stronger than stock.:D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I realize this, but am time restricted. If there was a hanger, say off of a chrysler, that would work, and only cost 25$, I would just go out and buy it. Therefore, has anyone looked into this?

·
Registered
426 Posts
if you can swing it, but the late model 1981+

48411-60032, about $35 ea list (so cheaper discount)

takes FJ60 style 18mm pins which you will not break and rivets are same location as older style (I have these very ones on my 1966 45 wagon frame).

I'd sell you the pair I have as spares, but they are locked 1,200 miles from me for the next T minus 5 months.

rick

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
rick d said:
if you can swing it, but the late model 1981+

48411-60032, about $35 ea list (so cheaper discount)

takes FJ60 style 18mm pins which you will not break and rivets are same location as older style (I have these very ones on my 1966 45 wagon frame).

I'd sell you the pair I have as spares, but they are locked 1,200 miles from me for the next T minus 5 months.

rick
you will need the larger eye springs wouldnt you?
and new bushes?
this is a worthwhile conversion, if you are doing a build up and plan it in from the start, but on a driving rig, that needs to be staying driven, is probably a bit of a mission!!

also, i had an argument with a friend, but this SHOULD increase the ride height, by exactly half the diameter increase in the bush?!?! :confused:

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Re: hanger

proffitt'scruisers said:
Hey, I'm 970 also, where are you??:confused:

·
Registered
426 Posts
rob (BJ)-
if he has OEM springs new bushings would be in order and less meat between pin and wrap. In aftermarket you may (like OME) have 60 eye size anyway.

..all in all, better than some chrysler thing.

Shaun-

you're in canada hunh. Nothing is cheap there. I just found out a 'bro deal' price on a HZ H55 tranny (new) is $6273 and change CDN (which is $4077 US).

now a $200 input shaft + 2H H55 in US (see other thread) is $1,800= that is $2,000 plus labor swapping inputs.

$2,077 less than a canadian tranny- you guys are getting robbed.

You may want to shop for those late J40 mounts stateside.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Re: Re: hanger

MD11Fr8Dog said:

Hey, I'm 970 also, where are you??:confused:
Jeremiah's from Delta, me and "the limo" are from Gunnison...
You still @ the boat? Coming down to Cruise Moab this year?
Anyone?.....Anyone?.......Bueller...

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Hey,
Sean don't wheel he just talks about it:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Looks as if Lone Star Cruisers will have a fairly large group 10-15 trucks making Cruise Moab this year, look us up and we'll share a Shiner.
Butch

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
texican said:
Hey,
Sean don't wheel he just talks about it:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Looks as if Lone Star Cruisers will have a fairly large group 10-15 trucks making Cruise Moab this year, look us up and we'll share a Shiner.
Butch
DAmnnnnnnn!!:flipoff2: I have all of Feb off, and will have first half of Mar off. I'll be making the big push to get my Cruiser done!! My goal has been to make CM03 all along, if not that, then Rubithon!

Butch, I was hoping to make it down to the Chile Challenge to meet up with some Lone Star'ers, but a Navy buddy is coming into town to ski! I'll introduce him to Shiner!! No wait, we have Fat Tire, never mind!!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
proffitt'scruisers said:

My shop's in Austin, near Delta/Montrose. I've got a cruiser comeing in for a 383/sm465 from your area this weekend. The guy lives in Craig, but works in Steamboat.

Call me if you ever want to go wheelin!
That would be Kurt! He contacted me about 2-3 months ago looking for info on do a V8 swap! He works at the lumberyard where my builder gets his wood! I haven't met him yet, but will certainly hook up with him when our Cruisers are done!

I hope to make CM03, but may be down towards your way in the next couple of months - my wife has a cousin living in Durango, and we want to go visit her and ski Telluride, maybe scoot over to Crusty Butt as well. I'll give you a heads up and would love to come by and see your shop!!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Re: Re: Re: hanger

bruter said:

Jeremiah's from Delta, me and "the limo" are from Gunnison...
You still @ the boat? Coming down to Cruise Moab this year?
Anyone?.....Anyone?.......Bueller...
I'll be at CM03 one way or the other! I mooched rides last yr, but hope to have my 40 finished for this year. Either way, I'll be there!

Still in The 'Boat! Had a place here for 3 yrs and moved here fulltime 1 1/2 yrs ago when my wife got laid from her job in NYC. :( We'll be here for a long time, just added on to the "crib"!:D

·
Registered
286 Posts
MD11Fr8Dog said:

, maybe scoot over to Crusty Butt as well.

Give me a jingle if you do (Barry & the limo-970-275-0766)
NEED more snow though!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
bruter said:
MD11Fr8Dog said:

, maybe scoot over to Crusty Butt as well.

Give me a jingle if you do (Barry & the limo-970-275-0766)
NEED more snow though!
I hear ya, we've had good snow so far, but we're starting to need more. My wife says its been realy warm the past couple days, 3 inches yesterday!!

If we make it down, we'll drop you a line!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts