Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a free set of 4in skyjacker rear softrides on the rear of my 91 toy v6 im building right now with a stock fj80 front axle and suspension in front i hate how they are stiff and i know u guys hate them too but they where free and brand new so is there any way to keep the height and soften them up?maybe get some good flex out of them too?

i got the stock rears off the truck still in good condition and cherokee rears any suggestions on a bastard pack?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Id pull a leaf from the skyjacker pack it may drop slightly but it will soften up.... I think ultimately you want longer springs ... I dont know anything about the jeep springs
but Im sure someone else here will
take care
JAK

·
FOF
8,202 Posts
I have a bastard pack of toy rears and 3 other various cut leafs to make up a 6 leaf pack. Plenty of flex and cheap. If I were you I would ditch those skyjackers and run the RUF and play around with the 2 other sets of leafs you have by adding and cutting leafs out of those packs and adding them to the RUF, you will be happy. Of course get the 63's in the rear. It's the most common setup for a reason :D

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
Keep the main leaf from the skyjack and maby one other- then use the others to make your pack. 6 pack is always good like above. If thats too stiff then pull one. I have a 4 pack in back and a 5 or 6 in front. I think Im gonna need another in back...

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
i think that he is talking about his rear springs not fronts

get some f150's or chevy's (springs)
thats why he needs to keep his main leaf:smokin:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keep the main leaf from the skyjack and maby one other- then use the others to make your pack. 6 pack is always good like above. If thats too stiff then pull one. I have a 4 pack in back and a 5 or 6 in front. I think Im gonna need another in back...
this is the idea had the skjacker is only a 3 pack so should i blend in the cherokees too or just stock toys?

thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
9 Posts
I went with top leafs of stock rears then the two middle leafs from 4in procomp rears and put this up front. They work pretty good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts