44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get a set of these for 1 3/4" springs? Thanks. Pete

·
Registered
11,647 Posts
Keith Strong said:
1/2 inch plate, drill press ;)
1/2 inch would be way overkill for a Willys, especially if it's still SUA. You would tear the spring mounts off the frame before you broke a normal 1/4" spring plate.:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going with a SOA. D44 and AMC 20.. Thanks

I checked northern out.. 2.99 for the perches but they don't look long enough. Trying to prevent axle wrap.. Pete

·
Registered
32,458 Posts
oldjeep said:

1/2 inch would be way overkill for a Willys, especially if it's still SUA. You would tear the spring mounts off the frame before you broke a normal 1/4" spring plate.:D
Sure, but both are normally scrap pile findings :D

·
Registered
539 Posts
perches won't prevent axle wrap, your going to need a anti-wrap bar.

been there, done that, learn from my mistakes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is axle wrap more from getting on it or wheeling hard than it is from what most of us would call "normal" driving?

I'm thinking about making some spring perches that are 6" long. This would help some.

·
Registered
32,458 Posts
DDGETHS said:
Is axle wrap more from getting on it or wheeling hard than it is from what most of us would call "normal" driving?

I'm thinking about making some spring perches that are 6" long. This would help some.
it's from applying the go pedal, the more you apply the more wrap you have. Course it's also engine dependant. And even 6" long perches wont get rid of it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's kind of like wheel hop. It really only happens when you get on it.. Thanks again guys Pete

·
Registered
32,458 Posts
wrap causes the hop :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess that's why I'm a freakin newbie.. Thanks for your time Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts