Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finally put the coilovers on the Coilover Taco project in our shop right now. Problem is, the front end is sitting too high. Suspension was built for ride height to be about 5" of exposed shaft. It is sitting more like 8" right now, and the spring adjusters are adjusted as far as they can go. These are King 14" 2.5" remote reservoir shocks with a 14" 350lb spring and a 16" 450lb spring. The owner sent the vehicles specs that King requested to them and got the whole setup direct from them. At the start of the project I believe he was planning on 7" of shaft exposed at ride height, things changed due to clearance issues. But even still, we can't even attain 7" as it is sitting. The front end is approximately 2000lbs sprung weight. So can anyone make a suggestion on what should be done? I was thinking just replace both coils with shorter ones but I really don't know if that would work. The rig needs to be out of the shop by next Wednesday so we are trying to get this figured out ASAP.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
wow sled dog.....those numbers sound exactly twice as high as they need to be.

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
Measure how much each spring is compressing to get accurate corner weights. For that low a shock ride height and that much corner weight, I think you'll need tender coils.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts