Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm a newbie to this board so flame on.
I have been lurking for a while so I did search before I decided to post. I'm rebuilding my ZUK from the frame up and figured that since I had it all apart I would swap some in some different springs while I was at it. I'm not a big fabricate it yourself person so I was looking at the CJ springs in rear and rear Zuk Springs in the front using the kit they sell at Northcoast Off-Road.
Has anyone run this kind of set up before? what were the results?
WHen we took the body off I found I was rubbing my front drivesaft on that frame crossmember. Can I trim that crossmember a little? Or are there better solutions to this problem?
Thanks for any info you guys can share.
Maybe the rest of you michigan guys can come up here for some of the more extreme michgian terrian.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
If you have been lurking a while, then you've heard it before:

"SEARCH!"

That set up works ok, It depends on your budget and what you want to do with your rig. Search and you will find more info than you care to.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I would recommend going with YJ springs. They are a little more money, but they ride and flex a lot better than the Sammy/CJ combo. I just helped my buddy swap YJ springs in place of his CJ's in the rear of his Sammy and he likes them a lot more. It rides and flexes better than the CJ's did with missing links. IMHO, I would save the money for the YJ's.

As far as front shaft clearance goes, get your front axle moved forward a bit (via a spring swap or redrilled perches) and slap a spacer on the driveshaft on the transfer case end. ~Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts