Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot these pictures while the suspension was being cycled to get drive shaft lengths and angles. The front shaft needs a whooping 1/8" of slip!

Approximate ride height.

STINKBUG!

Say Ahhhhh!

Oh Jess, you have a voice mail from Shaffer's. :D

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
east LA comes to mind, all hydro'd out and sheeat:flipoff2:

:D LOOKS GOOD

Not my 1st choice in a truck/body/frame but still kickass!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Wow. That Amigo is sweet. Is the pig centered? How did you get so little slip needed?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SMART ASS said:
east LA comes to mind, all hydro'd out and sheeat:flipoff2:
:cool:I thought the exact same thing:cool:. Must have been the influence from friends with lowriders in high school. Hmm I wonder... :D Ever see O.C and Stiggs. j/k

Is the pig centered? How did you get so little slip needed?
Yes it's centered. Driveshaft length = link length = same point of pivot.

·
Registered
567 Posts
that things sick, i used to have a rodeo, but i ditched it for my current jeep platform. makes me kinda wonder what i could have done with it if i kept it. stupid thing went through head gaskets with oil changes though.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I want it!!! I have always liked Amigos......and wanted to do something like that. You running the stock powerplant?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stonpny said:
I want it!!! I have always liked Amigos......and wanted to do something like that. You running the stock powerplant?
Yep, 230 HP all aluminium 24 valve DOHC FI V6. Although measurements for a Ramjet 350 have been kicked around.
Doesn't look like much room for those tires.
Once it's moving around it will get twisted up and the sheet metal will fly.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
SMART ASS said:
i wana know where the fwak yall get ur money!!!!?!?!?1

:mad: :flipoff2: :p :rasta: :usa:
Work for 30 years and save up your money, planning for the future. Then have a heart attack, nearly die, twice, change your perspective on what is and what is not valueable or important in life.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Belly Dragger said:
Work for 30 years and save up your money, planning for the future. Then have a heart attack, nearly die, twice, change your perspective on what is and what is not valueable or important in life.
Right awn!!!!!!!!! That is an awesome attitude and an awesome rig. I can't wait to see it in action this summer.

Is the powerplant stock or are there some things done to make it breather better? Do they make chips for those. I want, I want, I want. I have reached the outer limits of my 97 unibody XJ and want to build a framed rig next. How hard was it to do the SFA?

SeanP

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
\/ -----Im with him :D :usa:

SeanP said:

Right awn!!!!!!!!! That is an awesome attitude and an awesome rig. I can't wait to see it in action this summer.

Is the powerplant stock or are there some things done to make it breather better? Do they make chips for those. I want, I want, I want. I have reached the outer limits of my 97 unibody XJ and want to build a framed rig next. How hard was it to do the SFA?

SeanP

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SeanP said:
I have a set of prototyped Pacesetter headers on it. However I don't think they intend to go onto production. :( I have a Calmini (Full Traction) intake filter very similar to a K&N cone. I had a flowmaster 40 on it but the exhaust needs to be redone so I don't know what it will end up just yet. Both Jet and SuperChips makes chipsets. It's been a while since I looked but this is what I remember. The Jet is a full chipset and they were looking into a programable on the fly chipset. SuperChip may have a chip by now but last I looked they hadn't cracked the Isuzu OBD-II codes and only had a timing advance chip without anything else. The frame is full ladder. Swapping out to solid axle is from what I've been told no different than any other solid axle swap. The Isuzu frame is full 2x3 box so it's a good starting point. The frame above the front axle is straight, perfectly parrallel to the ground forcing a fairly tall vehicle for clearance. The Toyota tranny bolted right up to my engine without using anything other than a little work on the input shaft and a Isuzu factory bell housing.

I'm really looking forward to a summer of fun. I can hardly wait. If you see me on the trail, definately stop by and say Hi!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Belly Dragger said:
Belly, I agree, they would be amazed what a near death expirence will do ones values.

Try laying in an ambulance with your left leg busted into 2 pieces at the Femur and one medic saying out loud "I wonder if he is going to loose his leg?"

That changes your whole perspective.

The amigo looks great! Keep it up..right... :D

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
lol.....for some reason when I picture somebody going through something like that, I see them coming out with a new perspective such as "i must spend more time helping the community or doing something of cultural value". You come out of something like that and realize that it would be best to build a kick ass rig that'll let you have tons o' fun. I like your thinking MUCH better:)

·
Registered
737 Posts
i saw you last summer coming up true Sluice, I was with all those XJ's going down.....was that before or after the ticker had "issues"?

I remeber you saying it was time to torch out the IFS....I guess you got around to it, huh?

Andy

·
Registered
483 Posts
damn that looks good Michael. Just a little different from the last time I rode in it, ya think ;) hehe. Hope to see you on the Con some this year and maybe I'll come hang out in your backdoors and you could show me some of the local trails. :) Take care man and that sure will turn some heads.
Scott

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
afecko said:
i saw you last summer coming up true Sluice, I was with all those XJ's going down.....was that before or after the ticker had "issues"?

I remeber you saying it was time to torch out the IFS....I guess you got around to it, huh?
Yea it was before, I was a smoking junk food junkie then. :) I remember that day well. One of my best trips from last year. Beat the living crap out of the Amigo though. About a mile further down the road the power steering finally gave up the goat and I played Pinball the rest of the way out. By the time we made the dam my arms were jello. If I remember right you and your group was very good about waiting for me and Corbin (white Amigo with d44's) to drag my ass up true sluice. Hopefully we will meet again this year. Yeah with the steering out, the control arms twisted and meeting God I decieded there is no time like the present cause there may not be another time.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts