8,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are milling out protoypes and this is the idea ....ok

1. A whole new face plate enabling the shortest shift rails
2. A mount for a cable actuated system form the bottom of the case
3. Face mount comes complete with seal and inner bearing race installed
4. Face mount also comes with shift rails, bushings, orings installed
5. Face mount allows yoke upgrades up to 1810
6. Top plate milled for large 4-1 gears and has tapped holes for breathers, oil sight tube and fill

The whole point of this is to make a adaptor that allows you to completely replace the front casting/shifter rail assembly. This is a no brainer bolt in flip kit that a 5 year old could install with little supervision. We are nearing completion of the first kit as I type this. More on wednesday. We have a super trick cable shifter that will mount anywhere and make the current shift assemblies look like toys as well as kits to put a 20 case where a 300 was (more info later).

:smokin:

·
Nose to grindstone
8,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no comment yet..... cheaper than any other kit out there though I cant share that much

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
can I put a deposit on one now?
PM me!

·
Nose to grindstone
8,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mongrel said:
can I put a deposit on one now?
PM me!

After some discussion we will be doing a preorder on these so keep your eyes on this thread as they progress but deposits at this point are something I will not accept. Pricing following soon..

·
Registered
147 Posts
Can't wait to see whats up with the replace a dana20 with 300 unit.
Awsome:D

·
Nose to grindstone
8,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man that really cleans up a 300 case :O
Before

After

oh yeah I forgot to mention this part has a Patent pending protection for one year...for the copy cats :D

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
so are you going to be running the shifter under the frnt output?? i'm guess your beshifting them frm the otherside?

·
Nose to grindstone
8,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No they will shift from the frontside via cable underneath the case itself. Love the Mall security under your name Kraga!

·
Registered
216 Posts
MC said:
No they will shift from the frontside via cable underneath the case itself. Love the Mall security under your name Kraga!
So is this an upside down 300 kit, or is it a flip kit with the rails on top?

·
Nose to grindstone
8,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This kit can allow the 300 to be flipped or used in its std passenger side drop location. Its a upside down kit as I am thinking you mean. Yes it will work for a scout D300. We are also offering Dana 20 kits with 3.15 low gears soon as well

·
Registered
667 Posts
I am also watching this
very nice and I want one.

CB

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks for the feedback

MC said:
This kit can allow the 300 to be flipped or used in its std passenger side drop location. Its a upside down kit as I am thinking you mean. Yes it will work for a scout D300. We are also offering Dana 20 kits with 3.15 low gears soon as well
Anxiously waiting for availability :p

·
Registered
336 Posts
Cool idea. Randii mentioned doing something similar back in '04. I'm planning to go with cables myself. I've got the cables, and plan to keep the bearing retainer mostly stock. I should have it up and running soon.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
You guys rock :grinpimp:

Are you planning to offer them in bore sizes for both the stock ft outputs, and aftermarket big spline shafts?

If the price works out in the range you say, it would be a good time to upgrade the ft output at the same time anyway (esp if the kit + shifter + ft output ends up anywhere near the flip kit price).

Keep us updated :grinpimp: :grinpimp: :grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Definitely sick looking, can't wait!:D

1 - 20 of 168 Posts