Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Big thanx to Coyote and BadAzYJ for all the help, tools, and workspace, and of course - snide comments while working:flipoff2:

edit: and thanx to McSoo for loaning me the 110 welder!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Ya know, you could have borrowed the welding gloves... I mean, they were right there with the welder...

Looking good so far... How come no black ABS links? :flipoff2:

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Nice placement of the gueestt; it looks like its gonna due alot of good there.......:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
yeah PIG, the gussets are to impress the ladies, and to shave weight off the rockwells!!

coyote suggested painting the gussets pink because they look so cute...

and McSoo - only pussies wear gloves with 110v welders...

seriously - i had one glove on, you just can't see it, and i was just tacking stuff

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Tell me it's just me, but do those arms and heims look way too small? Especially when used to suspend those boat anchor's of axles? What diameter and wall thickness are they?

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
the lowers are 1.25OD .120 wall 4130, and will be sleeved with 1.5OD .120 wall 4130, you can see the sleeves in the top pic. We just taped the tube inserts in to get the brackets lined up and tacked into place. The arms will go to Campbell Ent. next week to have the inserts TIG welded on. Then we'll see if that holds up to my abusive driving style???;)

·
Registered
7,719 Posts
so does that mean elf finally got a job :flipoff2:

give us some specs already :rainbow:

i am thinking about visitng AZ in a couple weeks (still very much up in the air)

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
hey it'll be good to see ya again man! The specs are easy: BETTER THAN YOUR CRUISER!!!

no seriously - lowers: see above
uppers - .156 wall DOM
5/8" heims everywhere except the frame-side uppers will be 3/4"(because I already had them)
premade brackets from AA manuf.
front TJ coils from a 6 cyl(we'll see how they work)captured at both ends
wheelbase will be 106ish

about 150% AS, i think. If you look close you can see another hole in the lower brackets. I can move the lowers up to that hole to lower the AS a lil if i want to...

Just tryin to get it rolling before next Tuesday, then I'll finish up the details(shox, limit strap, longer driveshaft, etc.) later this month...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Your DOM is insignificant and your mounting tabs are thin and laughable. :flipoff2: At least you have the speed holes!! HAHAHAHA

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Your DOM is insignificant and your mounting tabs are thin and laughable. At least you have the speed holes!! HAHAHAHA
OK Ryan:rolleyes: How many times have you actually been "off-road"?? like, twice??

·
Registered
7,719 Posts
elf_cruiser said:
hey it'll be good to see ya again man! The specs are easy: BETTER THAN YOUR CRUISER!!!

about 150% AS, i think. If you look close you can see another hole in the lower brackets. I can move the lowers up to that hole to lower the AS a lil if i want to...

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

looks like you won't ahve to worry about climbing :flipoff2:

btw, i am working on a 9in - 60 hybrid :flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Nolen, I cut the fenders straight out and straight down, and cut off the side parts of the rear Xmember where the taillights go. I want to swap in a 4.3L, but that's a ways down the road. After seeing coyote's new buggified cruiser, I think I may have to go that route. ;)

1 - 20 of 191 Posts