Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Pics from 3 months ago. A friend of mine took them.

1982 XMOD 109 frame, Eaton/Eaton with rover disc brakes, series swivels, 88 front springs, 109 rear springs, NOS 110 XMIL rear tub, 900R16 michelins on Pendy bling wheels.

That was the day before the engine went in.

That is all.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I hate to tell 'ya, but it looks like you're radius arms are tweaked. :p

Seriously though, very nice so far.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Greg Davis said:
I hate to tell 'ya, but it looks like you're radius arms are tweaked. :p

Seriously though, very nice so far.
:flipoff2:

That's from the rolled 96 I parted out... Talk about bent!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Tease

I do not see the wheels. Or the engine for that matter. Dam web wheeler.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pendy said:
Tease

I do not see the wheels. Or the engine for that matter. Dam web wheeler.
You do not. You are old, your eyes are not sharp.

The engine is in the background of the 1st pic. Sitting in the old frame on the ground covered by a rover hood. Next to the guys playing banjo. If you look closely enough you can see the worlds first A518 adapted to an LT230. But of course nature has chosen that you not see this.

I can't promise Winter Romp, as I may run out of time before the temperature drops a lot. No shop. But I will try. It may be a 2wd appearance though as the front axle requires some love, which I may not be able to afford.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
JL where did you procure that 110 tub, I may require one in the future and dont want to have to go to england. Crazy George doesn't get them often, he said.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
64rovr said:
JL where did you procure that 110 tub, I may require one in the future and dont want to have to go to england. Crazy George doesn't get them often, he said.
Rovers North

Sorry, no more left.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Very nice. Keep the picts coming. It is refreshing to see someone building their own rig on occasion!

I really dig the rear tub paint with galvanized cappings. And the fact that the frame is not galvanized. I think galvanizing the frame is a mistake on a trail rig as I never seem to be done with the modifications (ie welding crap on the frame and such).

Billster

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I may have a damaged D110 tub available in a couple months 9V.

JP

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FrankenRover said:
Very nice. Keep the picts coming. It is refreshing to see someone building their own rig on occasion!

I really dig the rear tub paint with galvanized cappings. And the fact that the frame is not galvanized. I think galvanizing the frame is a mistake on a trail rig as I never seem to be done with the modifications (ie welding crap on the frame and such).

Billster
Thanks guys - My last frame was galvanized and I hated it - I am never done modifying so it's not worth it. However I have to make sure it stays oiled, so it doesn't rot.

Just for clarification, the rear tub isn't painted. It's bare aluminum and the cappings are galvy. I am building the whole truck with bare panels and a galvanized bulkhead. I am either going to paint it white later on, or polish it up airstream style.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
HandBuilt said:
Thanks guys - My last frame was galvanized and I hated it - I am never done modifying so it's not worth it. However I have to make sure it stays oiled, so it doesn't rot.

Just for clarification, the rear tub isn't painted. It's bare aluminum and the cappings are galvy. I am building the whole truck with bare panels and a galvanized bulkhead. I am either going to paint it white later on, or polish it up airstream style.
Sounds great - I have a brushed bare aluminium cab on my IIA - I like the brushed aluminium look and you don't notice the scratches from tree branches.

Personally I think white looks wrong on series trucks - but each to their own.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ISUZUROVER said:
Sounds great - I have a brushed bare aluminium cab on my IIA - I like the brushed aluminium look and you don't notice the scratches from tree branches.

Personally I think white looks wrong on series trucks - but each to their own.
I dunno. I dig Mike's ice cream truck. I figure a big 110 looking thing on 38s with solid roof panels and a huge roofrack would look nice in white.

I agree that stock series don't quite look right in white but thing thing is more of a freak than anything else.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts