Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The final touches are being put on the WE Rock Western Series Trophies which will be handed out on Sunday at Donner. Lil' Rich asked us to make some trophies that we would want to win. Jesse and a team of other people here at Torchmate have put a lot into these. The machine that they are sitting on top of is our newest, latest and greatest. It is the Torchmate XS2 CNC Plasma Cutter. We are about to release this cutting table to the general public and began quoting it last week. This one is a 4'x10' capacity with adjustable water bed and will eventually be painted red and black. It is Jesse's baby. Only fitting that the trophies are being fabricated on top of it.

Anyway, here are the pic's:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pic's. If you look hard, you will see a prototype of the trophy that will be handed out to the winners at the Grand Nationals. It is still undergoing some tweaking. Needless to say, there is no way we could make these trophies absolutely repeatable without using our own Torchmate CNC Plasma Cutting Tables. (Sorry, just wanted to get a little added plug in there. Jesse's time isn't cheap. Got to pay for him somehow)

Some other things that you will see in the background are a 6x10 Torchmate 4, a 5x10 Torchmate 3, our new Torchmate Plasma Cutting/Welding 6 axis robot (soon to be released), a couple of my engineers that would not get out of the way, and a new Torchmate air filtration system that we just released. I forgot, there is also a Torchmate 1 here as well. You are all welcome to come by our place in Reno if you have time before or after Donner. We also have a 4x8 Torchmate 2 CNC Router setup and a 4x4 Torchmate Small Shop Machine that has been revived from the dead after having been dragged behind the motorhome (literally, ooh I was not happy) to the first Cedar City event.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
making anything for all stock nationals?

:smokin: trophies!

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
Guys, it's apperant that the torchmate cnc plasma cutting system is perfect for any application. From building a sick crawler like Bill's to building the trophies for the most capable rock crawlers in the world.

The trophies simply look sick, I can't wait to see these things first hand.

I am stoked that torchmate will be doing trophies for the series championships and the grand nationals. There are talks of doing all-stock's as well.

Guys lets welcome Torchmate with open arms, it's very apperant that they have to us rock crawlers.

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
We haven't started on the east trophies yet. The hard part was coming up with a design that we were happy with. Now that all of the programs are done, it won't take long to cut out the parts and assemble them. We should be able to build the east trophies in one day.

The GNC trophy was a prototype that I threw together an about an hour and a half. We've come up with a bunch of ideas and improvement for those. The size of the prototype will likely end up being the size of the 3rd place trophies with the 2nd and 1st being progressively bigger. We have also agreed to make trophies for the ASN.

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Great work on the trophies. mine looks great on the shelf:grinpimp:

One thing I noticed was there is no year on them. Might be a good idea on the National trophies to throw a 2008 on there.FWIW

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How in the world did we forget the year? :shaking: We were in such a hurry to get them done that we all spaced it. That is going to bug me. Let me talk to Jesse and see if we can't come up with something that could be added to them easily with the year on it. Something that will look sweet. Fortunately, he has one that we can try a couple of things on.

We will make sure that we do not make that mistake again. Sorry!!! :( We have never made trophies before. This was our first. Thanks for pointing it out. We might have done it again if you had not.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts