Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the Tom Woods Rock-and-Roll roller driveshaft thread http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113141 Jess showed pictures of his Spy-Roll shaft.

Looks kinda cool, dunno how it will work, unless you're climbing rock with a matching threadcount. :p Seriously, though, it can't hurt and might help...

But I ran across this when I was reading the rules section of the CalROCs site: Tires are to be the only source of forward, side, or back movement of the vehicle. Any device used to move the vehicle in these directions other than the tires is considered a tool or winch and points will be assessed accordingly.

Whatta-ya-think? Will CalROCs/RCAA count this?

Randii

·
Premium Member
9,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ribbed for whose enjoyment?

Ribbed for whose enjoyment?

(another picture from Jess in that other thread)

One more thing... if you really read that rule quoted above to its fullest meaning, I guess they's penalize gravity, since it doesn't always pull in the same direction as the tires. :p

Randii

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
it wont drive the vehicle, or have the capacity to drive it out of tight spots, looks like more of a slider for a driveshaft, and only THE will it offer any protection, maybe slitghtly move the rgi, but doubtful at best

i dont think it can be counted as a movement device :rolleyes:

but cool idea!

·
thhhpptthh!
46,772 Posts
say the thing actually did grab enough thread to move it along..... wouldnt it just move it sideways????

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Its no different then spy-rolling the hell out of your shaft almost to the point of ripping it in two - Run it- ! that's arguement- Jess :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts