Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I just relifted my truck from 9 to 16 inches and moved the diff forward close to 6 inches so I need to make a new front drive and would like to make a square one cause am broke and it needs to be long travel with the 52s and 7 inch shackle. My trucks a crew cab long box 1981 k30. I am just wondering what drive shafts I can grab from the scrap yard to build one. I need to run 30 degrees. My last drive shaft was off a 97 2500 trimmed down with no cv. So I already have the yoke. Would it be better to run duel cvs one off tcase and pumpkin. scrap yard here doesn't have many k30s 4x4 is there drive shafts from ford or dodge or rears that would be better to grab. Would it be better to just run yokes on each side no cvs I need some thing that is cheap make able and temporary.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
If the t-case is in the stock location, your looking at probably about $500+ to get a driveline that will work with 16" lift.

·
Premium Member
3,479 Posts
Hello. I just relifted my truck from 9 to 16 inches Why??and moved the diff forward close to 6 inches Not enough...so I need to make a new front drive and would like to make a square one cause am broke and it needs to be long travel ....with 16" lift??...with the 52s and 7 inch shackle. My trucks a crew cab long box 1981 k30. I am just wondering what drive shafts I can grab from the scrap yard to build one....None.... I need to run 30 degrees. .
Why as edited in above post......

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The trucks driven on the high way and I am surrounded my muskeg. So 16 inches is perfect. I asked what junk yard yokes or cvs I could use to make a square drive shaft till I get the money for a high angle

·
Premium Member
7,245 Posts
Wrong forum buddy. There is never a reason for that much list. I think and most would agree 6" is about the tallest one needs to go. Then you trim till the tires dont touch. Maybe delete this thread and re-post in the mud section.

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,807 Posts
The trucks driven on the high way and I am surrounded my muskeg. So 16 inches is perfect. I asked what junk yard yokes or cvs I could use to make a square drive shaft till I get the money for a high angle
Use the yokes on your current shaft.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess we will find out I picked out the pieces just gonna use just two 90s yokes. Truck rides and drives fine on the highway. Fronts welded so I am not using 4x4 on the road anyways. I don't know why you guys frown upon lifted trucks. I have ran low lift and go out with guys with low lift big tires and they are always pushing mud with there body. Unless you run 1000hp+ low lift is stupid for mud bogging.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts