Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about doing an exo on my toy but I don’t have a bender. I have seen some with square tube and I didn’t think it looked bad. Although, I have seen some posts here that ragged on a guy for a square tube exo. Is there any reason not to use square tubing? Or is it just "one of those things"?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I would assume that since the round shape is stronger, that would be a good reason to go with it.

I am mostly posting to see what the responses are. I need a cage (endo or exo).

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would assume that since the round shape is stronger, that would be a good reason to go with it.
I know I’m in danger here of being ignorant but… I’m not too sure that the round would really be stronger… I would think that it could “kink” once dented?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Square tube is butt ugly, other than that it holds up very well. They won't let you in the comps with the square tube, but you may not care about that.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh.. Something I forgot to add is that I have already made and am running flat bed made out of square tubing so it might look odd to have the transition from square to round….

·
Registered
449 Posts
I've seen some nice looking sq tube. Well not as nice as round, but a hell of a lot cheaper to make. I will be doing my in-cab cage with sq tubing soon.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Its not weaker, it would be if it was the same thin-ness (it's a word NOW) BUT the only "real" downside is the weight, its going to be heavy!

Then of corse if it's build with no thought ....... your going to be in trouble either way :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Kyron said:
Its not weaker, it would be if it was the same thin-ness (it's a word NOW) BUT the only "real" downside is the weight, its going to be heavy!

Then of corse if it's build with no thought ....... your going to be in trouble either way :rolleyes:
It is weaker if you're not using a bender....bends are stronger than welds.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
This could get long :D

It depends who welds it and what radius the bend is......

But a well thought out exo using threaded pipe fittings will be better than an ill concived exo using tube...........

Its all in the design :D .... lets leave it at that ;)

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the feedback !! It would be great if anyone with a square tube exo could post / link or email me a picture. I would like to try and get a few more ideas on how it should look.

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
heh... I guess that would be one idea. I wish I could have been on some of the trips he was. Im not sure but I think it might have been the truck in the middle of all that tubing that made it ugly ! :D

·
Man Child
24,725 Posts
lowbuck said:
heh... I guess that would be one idea. I wish I could have been on some of the trips he was. Im not sure but I think it might have been the truck in the middle of all that tubing that made it ugly ! :D

Be carefull.... that rig now lives in your neighborhood and it may be waiting to stack on your rig some peacful night while your fast asleep.... :D

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
THIS IS WHAT YA NEED:D

Attachments

·
Discount!
4,539 Posts
That dude standing in front of Mossbergs rig is hecka cool!

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
71RCKCRZR RYAN said:
THIS IS WHAT YA NEED:D
ahh so your the one that did chris's rig, I was trying to get him to give me his money to build it :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts