Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some advice on how to get through Squeeze Rock without causing any damage on my next trip to the Con! The rock I'm talking about is at the bottom of Big Sluice with the tree and 2 boulders.

Last weekend was my first time a cross the trail and everything was great until I damaged my door and pillar trying to squeeze through there.

I can't find any videos on You Tube of JKU's with similar mods to mine getting through cleanly.

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
i need some advice on how to get through Squeeze Rock without causing any damage on my next trip to the Con! The rock I'm talking about is at the bottom of Big Sluice with the tree and 2 boulders.

Last weekend was my first time a cross the trail and everything was great until I damaged my door and pillar trying to squeeze through there.

I can't find any videos on You Tube of JKU's with similar mods to mine getting through cleanly.

Hmmmm......I'm lost, is this a trick question? Drive better and don't hit stuff. Not sure there is a magic solution to your problem ;)

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
headed down hill, far left is generally good line. much depends what ur driving. it Is possible to squeak thru skinning the left or right side of tree but it is tight and some metal to rock will happen. Sliders are pretty useless here, as noted in the OP photo. for narrow, long WB i slip by along right side of tree unscathed. good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
headed down hill, far left is generally good line. much depends what ur driving. it Is possible to squeak thru skinning the left or right side of tree but it is tight and some metal to rock will happen. Sliders are pretty useless here, as noted in the OP photo. for narrow, long WB i slip by along right side of tree unscathed. good luck.
Thanks @renolaw for the comments and pictures! I think I will try the Far Left next time I go and see how that works out.

Its weird how on the trail everybody is cool and helps everybody out but on the forum everybody is a wise guy making comments above like "drive better". I'm a competitive shooter and motorcycle builder and those forums aren't much better so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Thanks again!

·
5,906 Posts
Go through there all the time with no issues. In heavily modified rigs and stock ones. Drive better.....

·
Registered
310 Posts
We all took the far far left line a few weeks ago since a rig was stuck between the tree/rock and not going anywhere soon. The left line against the hill was not an issue for all the rigs in our group, some with 31" tires. Granted it was a Sami. Got my long rig through it with no issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hope you shoot better than you drive. Sorry couldn't help it. Come on man, this is Pirate4x4 ;)
Believe me I can take a joke but I'm guilty of expecting forums to be a place to help others out especially when they are asking for it.

This was my first time on the Con and I fixed several strangers rigs, gave away my extra gas and pulled 2 guys out with my winch and didn't need any help other than looking for some advice here.

Oh well I learned my lesson.

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
This was my first time on the Con and I fixed several strangers rigs, gave away my extra gas and pulled 2 guys out with my winch and didn't need any help other than looking for some advice here.
Awesome, nice work. Thank you :)

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
Good spotter who is similar with that spot can get you through without issues but IMO left side is easier.

Just for reference I have a JKU, PR's on 40's and can get through without issues but prefer the left line.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts