Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone knows wether or not the sr5 dash will fit in the lx model with minimal modifaction

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
The only difference would be between the generations. 95-97 98-00 and 02-04. I did some research and you could most likely get the 02 cluster to work in a 98 dash but you have to swap some wires.

I did the research to try swapping one in my 95 to change to digital speedo sensor so I could get it to the right speed again, but I havent gotten around to trying it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks, i friend of mine wanted to know if he could put the sr5 model in his 97 tacoma cause he wants the tack

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
ok thanks, i friend of mine wanted to know if he could put the sr5 model in his 97 tacoma cause he wants the tack
Like I said, there's no different versions, ie. LX vs. SR5. Plenty of LX's came w/ a tach. All he'd need to do is get a gauge cluster that has a tach. Best thing to do then is call U.S. speedometer and have them roll it forward or reverse to match the mileage. Make sure he gets one that's mechanical and not digital. Otherwise he's gonna have to do some wiring work...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts