Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I intalled an SR5 dash into my truck today but the speedometer and the tach seem off. The speedo is off by about 5mph and the tach is just plain off. I was in 4th gear doing about 60 - 70 and the tach read less than 2000 rpm. Any ideas ?

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
The igniters that mount on the coil are different. I had to use an igniter off a 79 celica gt with my 86 22rte distributor to get everything right. I tried an igniter from a 84 truck and the tach was off. The 86 igniter wouldn't work because it references the 22rte computer and I removed it when I put the blower kit on.

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
mdd0127 said:
The igniters that mount on the coil are different. I had to use an igniter off a 79 celica gt with my 86 22rte distributor to get everything right. I tried an igniter from a 84 truck and the tach was off. The 86 igniter wouldn't work because it references the 22rte computer and I removed it when I put the blower kit on.
Well ya learn somthing new every now and then I guess.... never heard of that before.:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How can you tell the diff ? Gonna go to a junk yard and want to make sure I get the right one

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
im guessing v6 too...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts