Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know how the sidewalls hold up on these tires?

Interested in them but concerned about popping a tire. I've popped 4 or 5 of my mudking tires in the last 2 1/2 years:mad:
Never popped a sidewall on my 36 TSLs though.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have a set on the tj and had a set for my yj. I have never had a problem nor have any of the guys I run with that own them. Some guys down there that run the rocks are complaining about weak sidewalls so if you are worried I would go with sx's or boggers.

·
The Piratenite
30,419 Posts
i have never run them because i do not belive from my observations that the side walls are up to the task of hardcore rockcrawling. they are tempting because they are lighter in weight but i don't think they are as strong. i might however end up putting the 37 ssr on my daily driver which does not see much wheeling

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
Camo's right. I gave them a shot and have had sevral problems with the side walls including one blowout on the freeway. I am pulling mine off and replacing them with a new set of 38 TSL bias ply tires as soon as them come in. Got less than 2,000 miles on this set and will be looking to get $100 each for them. Great traction but the sides are just not up to heavy rock crawling.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I run the 37's and a lot of the side lugs are comming off and I tore a chunck out of the sidewall on a tree root. They are a decent street/light trail tire but not a good hardcore tire. I'm just going to run two sets - 39.5 SS for the trail and 37's for street.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts