Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 60 in front of the Titanic.I was wondering if they come in pairs?! for each side or is it 80 bucks a side? Does anybody here use them?opinoins good or bad?:homer:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,125 Posts
Are you having problems with them loosening up?

I got the newest stock design ones with the little pin that keeps the locking washer in place for $12/side.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
If you already have the stock style and don't have any problems with them there is no reason to replace them.

·
Registered
396 Posts
i put them in mine and think they are worth it. Alot easier to install (especially on a trail at crappy angles with crappy visability), stronger, but they do cost a bit more. i havent had a regular one fail on me, but im easy on the skinny pedal. but while doing my 60 swap on my YJ i did notice that one of the regular spindle nuts had a fracture all the way through. thats probably unusual, but im glad i caught it.

One thing that i have noticed that is not often mentioned when discussing them is that stock style hubs with the springs pushing the flange towards the outside of the hub are a bit problematic. the springs rest on, or are to close to the stage 8 big lock ring thingie thats keyed into the spindle, instead of riding near the bearing on the hub, so the spring rubs up against it and makes a clicking noise. i really dont know what the long term affects of that rubbing would be, but i replaced mine with some warns that dont use that spring so i wouldnt have to be the guy that finds out.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i put them in mine and think they are worth it. Alot easier to install (especially on a trail at crappy angles with crappy visability), stronger, but they do cost a bit more. i havent had a regular one fail on me, but im easy on the skinny pedal. but while doing my 60 swap on my YJ i did notice that one of the regular spindle nuts had a fracture all the way through. thats probably unusual, but im glad i caught it.

One thing that i have noticed that is not often mentioned when discussing them is that stock style hubs with the springs pushing the flange towards the outside of the hub are a bit problematic. the springs rest on, or are to close to the stage 8 big lock ring thingie thats keyed into the spindle, instead of riding near the bearing on the hub, so the spring rubs up against it and makes a clicking noise. i really dont know what the long term affects of that rubbing would be, but i replaced mine with some warns that dont use that spring so i wouldnt have to be the guy that finds out.
I'm running Ford Super Duty locking hubs so I dont have the spring either.thanks for the info.:p

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I am still using the stock ones that came in the axle back in 1988 and the truck was a work/plow truck in colorado. It looked like it had been beaten to death, I also am not easy on the axle. Mine have never came loose and are easy to install, why spend all that money on something you really dont need?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts