Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am getting ready to make an exhaust system.

Any OEM stainless stuff out there worth snagging? What would be some good vehicles to look at? 2 1/2" ish would probably be about right.

Now, I know it would be easier to pay somebody to make one, but I enjoy using junkyard parts to build stuff (plus I don't have any fawking money right now).
________
LATINWHIM

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
Find someone with an SRT-4 looking to upgrade their exhaust. The stock exhaust is all mandrel bent stainless, with no mufflers, just 2 resonators. There's several looping bends towards the back when it splits from single pipe to dual outlets.

Its very commonly upgraded and thrown in the trash. I don't think you'll find any in the JYs, but you might find someoen getting rid of it cheap-to-free. Try srtforums.com...

I believe its 2-1/4" diameter..

·
Registered
14,025 Posts
I got mine out of a 5.3 vortec powered Tahoe. I also kept the exhaust out of my superduty when I upgraded to a 4"

I would look at late model GM trucks and SUV's

·
Registered
155 Posts
yeah most if not all late model GM trucks and SUVs are stainless from the the factory.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Sweet

Late model GM, works for me.

There's several looping bends towards the back when it splits from single pipe to dual outlets
That's what I am looking for. A bunch of bends and such to try and piece something together.
________
Live Sex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts