Zeus of the Sluice
4,740 Posts
WOW!!!!

awesome thread! Great pics!

and Dave! Good meeting ya out there! :beer:

·
Registered
316 Posts
I didn't realize that Stainless Steal Dave was such a celebrity!

Dave, I met you last year on Barrett Lake trail. We were a group of Air Force guys from Travis AFB. We had a grey XJ with us that broke a front track bar. ...anyway, you probably don't remember us, but we all talked about how cool you and your group was. Would love to run into you again out on the trails! Great pictures by the way. One of my favorite things about the trail is it's vast history and all the people that have enjoyed it.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I didn't realize that Stainless Steal Dave was such a celebrity!

Dave, I met you last year on Barrett Lake trail. We were a group of Air Force guys from Travis AFB. We had a grey XJ with us that broke a front track bar. ...anyway, you probably don't remember us, but we all talked about how cool you and your group was. Would love to run into you again out on the trails! Great pictures by the way. One of my favorite things about the trail is it's vast history and all the people that have enjoyed it.
i remember you guys-both eddie and i enjoyed talking with you and your group. maybe we can get together next year and run the "secret trail". was there this year with tim and the guys he wheels with-also a very cool group of people. got to give props again to tim ( curly ) on here for all of his hard work scanning the old time pics and posting them up here to share a little trail history with every one thank you again tim - looking forward to some snow runs with you and brian,pete,pat,and dean if he can find some spare time!

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
hey Dave, I met you at the trail head this past summer.

Since you have been traveling the trail for some time now. Do you happen to remember my dad, Roy Prindle? From the Bay Area. He Ran the Jamboree From the 60s to the 80s.... White and gold cj5, Belmont Buster jeep club....

Hope to see you on the trail soon.

Cheers.

·
Ford Bigot
4,109 Posts
I've met Dave as well at Buck Island, he struck me as a fellow GPW enthusiast. Hell he might have seen my Flatty back in the 70's when my dad wheeled in on the 'Con, it's a little bit longer and bigger now.

·
Registered
670 Posts
hey Dave, I met you at the trail head this past summer.

Since you have been traveling the trail for some time now. Do you happen to remember my dad, Roy Prindle? From the Bay Area. He Ran the Jamboree From the 60s to the 80s.... White and gold cj5, Belmont Buster jeep club....

Hope to see you on the trail soon.

Cheers.
i don't recall meeting your father- back in the 80's there was 2 guys who ran together -rudy and dwight-a red cj5 and a white cj5 i think one of them ran a belmont buster club decal on their rig talked to them often when on the con. that was a long time ago. enjoyed talking to you at loon. was a pleasure meeting you in person and getting to check out your stretched flatty-i followed the build thread you did on pirate.i really like your rig and you did a nice job building it. see ya on a trail next summer!

·
Registered
670 Posts
I've met Dave as well at Buck Island, he struck me as a fellow GPW enthusiast. Hell he might have seen my Flatty back in the 70's when my dad wheeled in on the 'Con, it's a little bit longer and bigger now.
yep-i remember talking to you as well and checking out your stretched flatty also! cool rig. after seeing your flatty and rockme52's flatty i might take my old orangy flatty that i retired after the shiney one got built and running and do a rebuild/stretch on it. anyways-back to some pics if tim has some spare time to scan and post up some more pics out of my jeepers jamboree book.

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
More to come:)

More pics and articles to come from the book. Work's been nuts this week and I had to go wheeling this past weekend:)

I'll get back to it ASAP:smokin:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Hmmmmm, this just gave me an idea, maybe good, mabe not so.
What about a book on the trail, lots of pictures, trail description etc.
vehicle requirements, links.
Benefit to RTF?
J.B.

·
Premium Member
9,587 Posts
Hmmmmm, this just gave me an idea, maybe good, mabe not so.
What about a book on the trail, lots of pictures, trail description etc.
vehicle requirements, links.
Benefit to RTF?
J.B.
This is a great idea -- a publisher outside of RTF brought us the idea and I think everyone wanted to see it done, but when it came right down to pulling it all together, we couldn't make it a priority, with all the other attacks on the trail. We even identified a strong author candidate, but then we got blind-sided by the water board, and pulled together as part of an amazing team to defend against closure once again.

I really like the idea, JBXX, but as yet, the right concept/opportunity window hasn't been available. It is GREAT to see Dave/Tim's efforts in this thread, and next year, Steve Morris' son's archaelogical history of Rubicon Springs will publish, and I think that will show interest and hopefully help move RTF forward.

Back to the pictures,

Randii
Randy Burleson
Past President, Rubicon Trail Foundation

·
Premium Member
9,587 Posts
Great article... thanks for sharing big parts of a book I had heard of but never laid hands on. This will drive the price further up for the rare book that occasionally commands hundreds of bucks on E-bay, but it is still cool to see!

One question, though... the text says:
"Passing such colorful spots as ... Bisbee (Lake)." - Walt Drysdale '57
I'm a sponge for details about the Rubicon -- I love learning, and especially talking to the older fellas with many decades of jeepin' the Sierra... I know where Bixby Lake is (well, was), but the time frame for this article doesn't map well, nor does the location, since Jeepers Jamboree went in via Wentworth in the early years.

A pitcher of beverage at the next Rubicon Beer Session to whoever can show me where Lake Bisbee is. For an easier challenge but no beverage, tell me how far it is between lakes Bennet and Bugle. :p

Randii

41 - 60 of 192 Posts