Pirate 4x4 banner

161 - 180 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
AWESOME PICTURES!

Its cool to look at the trail back then and see what it looked like. As I scroll through the photos i know exactly where they were taken.

·
Registered
191 Posts
love the pictures keep them commin as you see from my name im the 3rd generation of my dads side of the family to wheel rubicon my grandpa has so many storys love hearing them and seeing all the pictures cant wait to be up there this summer and see my son grow up wheeling.
great thread guys

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Yeap, Great thread. For me one of the main reasons for the success and interest in this thread is the truly amazing spirit, passion and camaraderie which it displays. I have to say in all the years since I began this hobby/addiction of ours and found my love of the outdoors. I really for the most part have enjoyed meeting people with the same care, thought and love of the trail and the great outdoors in general. It never ceases to amaze me how much people are willing to give of themselves, their time, their parts and money to help others out enjoying the same passion. I think this maybe one of the most compelling reasons for coming back time and again.

Dave is one of the most modest people I have been fortunate enough to meet over the years but truly, to me anyways, is the example and standard to which I try to hold myself while out on the trail. Tough act to follow for sure and I falter from time to time:evil: but a shinning example of how things should be none the less.

Couple of pics from more recent times out on the trail. Dave doing his thing after a hard day working on Big Sluice and again helping out a group that started out as strangers but I am sure ended up as friends. If only I had that energy and was in that great a shape. I need to start riding that bike:)

See you out on the trail:D
Tim.

·
Team 261 - VP
4,866 Posts
Great pix Tim. I only knew you a little bit before that day started...really became friends while lumping rocks, pounding rebar and getting dirty.

I love Dave's advice that day...picking his brain on his flat fender....DON'T DO IT.

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
That was an AWESOME day, and the fix is still holding up well.

·
Premium Member
3,587 Posts
I have a good friend that Dave knows pretty well too. He brought me a bunch of pictures he took on a trip with Dave in August of 1984. This is one of them. The Scout was removed (I think by the El Dorado Jeepherders or Lake Tahoe Hi-Lo's in the Summer of 1988), but to many, the hole still retains its name.

Hey Dave, is it OK if I put up some more? I'll have a disc for you the next time I see you, either way.
where is scout hole? my first trip there was 82 and i'm not remembering it:shaking: many brain cells ago:smokin:

·
Premium Member
4,744 Posts
where is scout hole?
About that time there was an abandoned Scout still in the hole, I know the El Dorado jeepherders removed it in the mid-80's sometime. It is the puddle at the bottom of big sluice.

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
A pitcher of beverage at the next Rubicon Beer Session to whoever can show me where Lake Bisbee is. For an easier challenge but no beverage, tell me how far it is between lakes Bennet and Bugle. :p

Randii

Okay thread revival:

I think they are talking about Bixby and you know where that is/was but here's a picture.

And for your second question:
1.27 miles as the crow flies from Bennet(better known as Mckinstry) to Bugle.

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #177

·
Team 261 - VP
4,866 Posts
Tim/Stainless Dave....How bout I create an album on the FOTR site?? Then it's there "forever". Rubicon History or something like that.

161 - 180 of 192 Posts