Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 1063 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a stak 3 speed that keeps popping out of low 3 and 5 under power. Has 40 miles on it. Cable shifter isn't hanging up or binding, adjusted detents (took washers out and stretched springs), also adjusted bearing preloads. Has this happened to anyone else? Got any ideas? :mad3:Thanks!

·
thhhpptthh!
46,717 Posts
i think they hate you.

just talked to em.

915-584-2400

·
Registered
193 Posts
they have problem.i finally got to talk to them today and they said that the company has sold.this is another lie just like the last three cases that i have ordered.the last case is still not here and its 6 weeks late.they are liers and i will never buy nothing from them again:mad3::mad3:

·
33,755 Posts
they have problem.i finally got to talk to them today and they said that the company has sold.this is another lie just like the last three cases that i have ordered.the last case is still not here and its 6 weeks late.they are liers and i will never buy nothing from them again:mad3::mad3:
I had heard recently that they sold as well *shrug*

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Sold as in there is no more stak or sold as in new people are still running the business and we can still get tech support?

·
Registered
3 Posts
the problem is the one gear that holds the case in the range you want is the wrong size!!! i know this because mine and four others that we had bought all had the same problem they would blow out of gear as soon as you would hit the gas.
after a month of trying a butt load of parts a preload settings on the bearings we found the problem. It is a easy fix about a hour with the case out of the truck but you will need them to send you the new gear :mad3:
and that will take for ever with them!!!!!!

i do not work for stak and i would not buy another i would get an atlas if to do it again my truck and four others were sitting for a month waiting for the parts which we had to pay for !!!

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
the problem is the one gear that holds the case in the range you want is the wrong size!!! i know this because mine and four others that we had bought all had the same problem they would blow out of gear as soon as you would hit the gas.
after a month of trying a butt load of parts a preload settings on the bearings we found the problem. It is a easy fix about a hour with the case out of the truck but you will need them to send you the new gear :mad3:
and that will take for ever with them!!!!!!

i do not work for stak and i would not buy another i would get an atlas if to do it again my truck and four others were sitting for a month waiting for the parts which we had to pay for !!!
pics or other proof of the issue please.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
If you do have a picture with the problem gear, I would appreciate seeing it. I have a stack and would like to see what you are talking about. When did you get your case?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We have two 3 speed cases and they both pop out of 3 low. One case has a 100miles on it and the other about 40.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Same problem with TTC 09 hopefull number 47. Lehi's Stak always pops out of 3 low when getting hard on the gas. Doesn't happen in 5 to 1. First time it happened was on Rock Pile on Pritchett and it made a horrendous noise.

Lehi was supposed to call Stak yesterday, don't know if he got anywhere yet.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I hate to hear that so many other people are having the exact same issues that we are... I have a customer that purchased a StaK three speed case through us and now regrets that he ever did... The unit malfunctioned imediately and has even came out of gear at such an inopportune time as to cause a roll-over... I talked to the guys at Stak about 3 months ago, they asked that we send them the case instead of them sending a replacement part... We pulled the case out and re-crated it with the promise from them that it would be picked up by a freight company on their dime... Well... It's been sitting here in the floor for a month now and we can't get ahold of the fine folks at Stak... This really sucks... Luckily this is the only unit we've sold and here again, wish it would have been a 4-speed Atlas...

1 - 20 of 1063 Posts