Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is our prototype, All comments are appreciated. Production should be ready in 6-8 weeks.
StaK 4x4 presents the new D300 Replacement case housing for the Dana 300 Transfer case. This case lets you turn a Dana 300 into a driverside drop transfer case without turning it upside down. While built Primarily for jeep TJ’s and YJ’s as a replacement for the stock NP231, this case is suitable for any application requiring a driverside drop case with the proven Dana 300 strength and simplicity.
We can also build this case in a passenger drop for the person who wants to improve on their current D300 case strength. We offer a comprehensive line of adapters to mate to virtually all GM, Ford, and Daimler Chrysler transmissions.
Our D300 consists of two case halves made from 356 cast aluminum, heat treated to T6 standards, shift forks, hardened shift rods, détente box, détente balls and springs, Stainless Steel fasteners, and billet 6061 aluminum front shaft bearing retainers. All other items come from a stock Dana 300 – gears, shafts, bearings, etc. Our case will work with most aftermarket gears and shafts as well.
We fully CNC machine the entire case inside and out, to ensure the highest quality product. We added several clocking positions to the face of the case for a wider range of applications. Different Input splines (21, 27, 31, 32) are available as well. This case is ideally suited to budget minded consumers who do not want to spend thousands of dollars for a transfer case that is overkill for their application. This also allows the user to build a heavy duty transfer case in segments to fit their individual requirements or budget constraints.
The replace-a-case also accommodates the factory TJ and YJ speedometer sending units as well. An optional factory 4wd light can also be ordered.
Our case Lengthens the driveshaft approximately 9.500 Inches compared to a stock NP231, while providing a reliable, strong, all gear driven transfer case. No weak chains or RPM limiting planetary units to contend with.
All you need to provide is a quality, second-hand 1981-1986 Dana 300 as a core for the front input shaft and housing, the rear output shaft and housing, bearings and hardware. We recommend a bearing rebuild kit at the time of assembly to ensure a long and trouble free transfer case. We have this kit available for an nominal charge. Aftermarket heavy duty output shafts are readily available for this case. We can supply you everything you need for the do it yourself mechanic.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Gawdamn that's sexy.... What price is this thing gonna fetch? I would be interested because of the ammount of $ in my D300 now and the fact I want to swap to a HP60.

Very impressive.:cool2:

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
I would deff be itrested in the pass drop housing!
Do you have a price for this application yet?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
crapzuk said:
Gawdamn that's sexy.... What price is this thing gonna fetch? I would be interested because of the ammount of $ in my D300 now and the fact I want to swap to a HP60.

Very impressive.:cool2:
Our Preliminary pricing is between $600-$700 Dollars. We are waiting on firm quotes from the caster.

Tony

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Sweeet!

I WANTone...:smokin:
That actually solves my dilemma as to how I was going to flip my 300.
Will it definitely work with a JB conversions rear out put and 4:1 kit?
Put me down for one!

Is it really going to be a two month wait?:(

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
damn, i think i just wet myself. For 600-700 I'm IN!!!!!!

I have a core D300 that I've been waiting to build. Was planning on buying a flip kit and clocking ring & some other doo-dads for it. But now I know I'm just going to get your case, throw in a 4:1 and rear shaft & call 'er good.

Sweetness!! :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the freeak said:
I WANTone...:smokin:
That actually solves my dilemma as to how I was going to flip my 300.
Will it definitely work with a JB conversions rear out put and 4:1 kit?
Put me down for one!

Is it really going to be a two month wait?:(
We are installing JB 4:1 Kit tomorrow to confirm. Even if they don't fit (which they will). Our production model definitely will fit.

Tony

·
Registered
266 Posts
sign me up.

I'm assuming one of those clocking positions will allow it to be clocked flat?

Also, on a normal Iron case D300 you need to do some minor clearance work to get the 4:1 gears to work. Will this already be clearanced in this case so it would be more or less plug and play?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, We are accomodating most aftermarket gears in the design. We will also have a 3.8:1 gearset availble, along with 32 spline front shaft, 32 spline rear shaft and shorty 32 spline rear shaft that uses an electronic speedo. These should all come out together. The case actually comes with a .750 inch clocking ring on the 231 replacement version, so clocking to your needs will not be a problem. Our shafts and clocking ring will fit stock d300's as well.

Tony

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Do you have a rough ballpark number for all your heavy duty upgrades, elec speedo, and the new case?

Oh and how much lighter is your case than the factory one?

Im kicking myself for letting some dirt cheap 300's get away.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ChiScouter said:
Do you have a rough ballpark number for all your heavy duty upgrades, elec speedo, and the new case?

Oh and how much lighter is your case than the factory one?

Im kicking myself for letting some dirt cheap 300's get away.
The Rough numbers are $499 for the gears, $169 for the front output shaft, $369 for the standard length output shaft, and $399 for the Short output including the speedo sending unit. a bearing kit will be in the $125-$150 range. Our clocking ring will be $225.00, and this includes your choice if input spline.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I really really really want one.

Can you provide the outer dimensions of the case? I'm wondering if it's a lot bigger than a stock D300 case.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
How does the size of this case compare to the 2 speed Monster Box? What about weights of the 2 for comparison as well?

·
Registered
42 Posts
The case is about the same size as a stock dana 300, maybe 1/2" longer or so.(I will post a pic with dimensions on monday)
The end that mounts to the tranny is exactly the same size as a stock 300, the other end doesn't taper down as much as stock, but its close.
It is quite a bit smaller then the STaK 2 speed case. Relatively speaking it's a cute lil' thang.
We will also have before and after weights sometime on monday, as well.
The case will use the stock dana 300 23 spline input.we will also be offering input upgrades/adapters for 27 spline and 32 spline to start(these in puts will work on a stock 300 case as well)

We are curious what applications people would use this in more - as an NP231 replacement in TJ's orsomething else? tell us what you think.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I'd be using this in my '88 MJ. I'd like to be able to use the 21 spline (early) AW4 that is in my Junk.

Being a 231 replacement, are you going to accomodate the 21sp as well as the 23sp?

1 - 20 of 161 Posts