Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats some good heavy duty stalls for mudding??? I have a 85 k5 blazer 38.5 cut boggers dana 60 front 14bolt rear 5.13 gears with a th400 and 205 around 550hp + Im running a Tci 4500 to 4800 8" stall in it now thats what the recommendation was for the camshaft and motor combo I built.. Problem im having is if I get in some real nasty or thicker mud its just basically stalling up well past 4800 and not spinning my tires... So looking for some suggestions on a stall and if it would be better to run a 10" with the same stall speed or what... The camshaft im running is a 310 duration with a 655 lift....

·
Vendor
11,821 Posts
Good ol TCI junk... Buy a better converter and you won't have that problem. Give A1 Performance Trans and Converters up here in Vancouver, WA a call and just talk to one of the guys. Family business full of racers.

I've been running one of their hand built race converters and love the hell out of it. 2300 stall, and it's 2300 too. I have no problem crawling, or racing with it... Take it off the car after a season, check the thrust bearings and etc and it's just as tight as it went in. They also have a winter refresh that is around $150 + parts and they'll go completely through the converter and make it just like new and ready for a new year.

A speed shop up here pointed me their way. That's all they buy is A1 converters and have never had an issue. Between that and talking to them, I was sold. After running them, and seeing first hand, I'll never buy another brand.

·
Vendor
11,821 Posts
Is the converter off the car?

·
Registered
762 Posts
a 10" will get more power to the wheels without blowing through like your 8". Your real problem though might just be a crappy converter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts