Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend I was up at the con' and a few times well wheeling and usually going over big stuff my AUTOMATIC would stall? What the hell is that all about? If anybody has any insight on what cause a automatic to stall would be greatly appreciated cause I dont have a clue. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
maybe the carburetor that is attached to your vehicle has something to do with it:smokin:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Have you changed the fluid lately and is it staying cool?

Do you over fill it?

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
the only transmission related issue I can think of which would cause the engine to stall is the torque converter going into lockup at low rpms

other than that, I think it would have to be an engine issue

·
Registered
10,212 Posts
I think he meant the tranny went into stall mode. Lack of fluid will do this.

The A340 shares fluid with the Tcase. Easiest guess is that the tranny is low on fluid and it all runs into the Tcase when its steep causing the A/T to not have enough fluid to pump to move it.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
I think he meant the tranny went into stall mode. Lack of fluid will do this.

The A340 shares fluid with the Tcase. Easiest guess is that the tranny is low on fluid and it all runs into the Tcase when its steep causing the A/T to not have enough fluid to pump to move it.

Gotcha

Oversight on my part. I figured it was common knowledge that trying to run an automatic transmission on an incredibly steep grade is like trying to drink a soda through a straw upside down

1 - 7 of 7 Posts