Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have bought a stand alone wiring harness for an EFI swap. Who has the best prices and what all is involved in wiring the dash if any. Thanks

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Jeff, don't buy an EFI setup with no harness. Asking for trouble.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has the wiring harness in one piece. I was just wondering how much easier it is with a stand alone after market one so I don't have to deal with the head aches of the stock one. :confused:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Some people make their own harness out of a factory one. This involves throwing out all the wires out of the harness that you don't need.

I did a Howell harness and it is probably the best money besides the dual case that I have spent. Cut a hole in the fire wall, mount your computer and plug everything up. I think it was about $300-400. But well worth the time and hassle of making a factory one work. Decide what is more inportant time or money:p

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
It's not just a harness but it's well worth the conversion. I got my stand alone system from here www.toyotaperformace.com The basic kit is about $750-800 and goes up from there.
The kit is built by these guys www.sdsefi.com.
No dash mods on mine and i installed the wiring harness and mounted the computer in under 2hrs. Installing the fuel tank and modifing the fuel lines took the most time.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked into sdsefi and I am not willing to spend that kinda $$$. I have found a harness for $290. I am going to get an after market tank and just use a supra external fuel pump. With the aftermarket wiring harnesses, Are there any dash mods to do even though it is a stand alone harness? This is the only thing I am wondering about. If I still have to do dash mods then I will just use the stock one and deal with the headache of it.

This is where I found the harness for 290. Any one using this one?
http://www.offroadsolutions.com/products/performanceaccessories.htm

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
GETMRUTN, there stand alone harness will only work with 89 and up EFI 's. I looked into theirs also and it won't work with what I have. :(

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Flimmy, I was just looking for alternatives. Looks like I will be using the stock one then. Thats cool, just don't like wires!:confused:

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
flimmy said:
GETMRUTN, there stand alone harness will only work with 89 and up EFI 's. I looked into theirs also and it won't work with what I have. :(

it said right in there ad that worrk's on any make truck:confused:

22R EFI Conversion Harness
$290
Our harness is stand alone, therefore can be installed in any make or model. It takes all the work out of wiring when performing a fuel injection swap on a 22R. Complete kits also available

I also want to use a stand alone wiring harness for it's simplisty

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
TOY 2 said:

it said right in there ad that worrk's on any make truck:confused:

22R EFI Conversion Harness
$290
Our harness is stand alone, therefore can be installed in any make or model. It takes all the work out of wiring when performing a fuel injection swap on a 22R. Complete kits also available.

I also want to use a stand alone wiring harness for it's simplisty
Yes you are correct it will work on any make or year truck, BUT it will only work on 89 and up toyota EFI parts. I called them and wanted to get that same harness for an 85 or 88 EFI motor and they told me that the EFI had to be from an 89. Now you could put that 89 EFI into ANY make or model.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts