Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
Does anyone know about factory Suzuki 6 stud pattern? Yes i have searched.

I was told that some Japanese cars came out with this.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
I've never seen or heard of a 6 lug Suzuki pattern. I've owned just about every model imagineable, so I don't think I missed one. Standard zuks are 5x5.5" if that's what you're looking for. Otherwise, maybe you're thinking of a Toyota/Nissan/Chevy which is 6x5.5". If you have proof of a 6 lug zuk pattern post up a link. I'd like to see it.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Are you trying to say it came from the factory that way? Looks like a conversion of the drums to me. You do have the factory five lug drums in the background I see. But again, that's not factory Suzuki stuff that's aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Here is another set. These, according to the owner, were taken of a jap import sierra/samurai.
So it has got me wondering if there is japanise factory 6 stud. Has anyone else run into these?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Are you trying to say it came from the factory that way? Looks like a conversion of the drums to me. You do have the factory five lug drums in the background I see. But again, that's not factory Suzuki stuff that's aftermarket parts.
Nissan patrol rims, toy 1" wheelspacers fitted.

There is a clear outline when looking into the rear of the drums of where the cast drum is thicker/strengthed around the shape of the 6 studs. Its not just a blank thats been drilled to fit 6. It was made/cast that way, as if from factory. Identical to standard 5 stud drums/discs.

Can't say where they came from... It's got a few of us beat, but the 'jap import' seems to be the word going around.

Don't know of anyone doing 'aftermarket' ones though. If you do I'd love to hear about them.

·
Registered
879 Posts
6on5.5 lugs

are you sure you are not dealing with a rig that someone put toy axles under before you got it!

we deal with alot of sami's, i think steve c. from rockaholicsanonymous.org sells these things like hot cakes at IHOP. and i have never seen a six lug zuki axle. the old nissan patrol's and toy stuff are six lug birf like the zuki. the six lug stuff is found on old fullsix jeep's,chevy,toy and nissan.

·
Registered
37 Posts
110% suzuki axles mate. I bought the car stock & have been doin it up from there.

I physically bought the drums/discs second hand off another set of diffs/axles from a bloke selling them off locally, & swapped them with my standard 5 stud brakes. straight bolt in-swap.

Those rims & tyres came straight off my 2000 model GU nissan patrol.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Okay, so these disc/drums off a Nissan patrol or something else which is pretty much what everyone is saying - they're not Suzuki factory equipment like the original poster asked for. They may fit on a Suzuki - but they are not Suzuki factory equipment. They are a conversion which is what I asked you earlier.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Sorry TruckTrader but i dont think that the disc/drums have come off a Nissan as everyone in Aust would all be running them. Also dee201 said it was bolted straight on to his stock Suzuki axles and there are no apparent customizing marks, such as welds or cuts. If they were Nissan items then i would believe it would be obvious to dee201 and Built4Thrashing, who i got my picture from.

(edit) TruckTrader I understand where you are getting confused. dee201 bought them off a guy who was also running them on a suzuki.

·
Registered
37 Posts
yeah sorry for the confusion...

bought the drums/discs off a guy who was selling off a set of suzuki diffs. these physically came off the suzuki diffs he was selling (which he bought just for the 3.9:1 crownwheel/pinion gears if I remember correctly)

The RIMS & tyres came off my '00 patrol. The drums discs bolted straight from one suzuki axle onto my suzuki axle.
(theres no way suzuki parts would be interchangable with the nissan, the nissan axles are about 50% heavier than toyotas!)

Will be installing a front air locker & doubletoughs soon so will try to remember to snap a few pics when I pull it apart..

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Sorry TruckTrader but i dont think that the disc/drums have come off a Nissan as everyone in Aust would all be running them. Also dee201 said it was bolted straight on to his stock Suzuki axles and there are no apparent customizing marks, such as welds or cuts. If they were Nissan items then i would believe it would be obvious to dee201 and Built4Thrashing, who i got my picture from.

(edit) TruckTrader I understand where you are getting confused. dee201 bought them off a guy who was also running them on a suzuki.
Well, I don't think they're off a Suzuki either or everyone would be running those too right? ;) I was only trying to decipher what dee201 was saying. I'm still not convinced that Suzuki's ever came from the factory with 6 lug axles unless they're an odd ball model from Japan that were never exported anywhere else. I can guarantee there were none here in the U.S. and you guys down under can't find them either - and it's not documented anywhere on the net that I can find. Maybe you're chasing a unicorn here.

The 3.90 R&P ratio came on LWB zuks. I've had a few of those and they're all 5 lug. Not sure it makes them that much stronger anyway without the internals being upgraded. Us folks here in the U.S. just throw a set of Toyota axles on when we want to upgrade for strength.

86slowsierra - Just curious on why you're looking for a 6 lug zuk axle? I'm not sure it accomplishes much as stated previously.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm still not convinced that Suzuki's ever came from the factory with 6 lug axles unless they're an odd ball model from Japan that were never exported anywhere else.

Yes, they are genuine Suzuki and were on some Japanese models. The odd set has turned up in Australia but you will find more in New Zealand due to all the second hand Japanese imports there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Gi,day from New Zealand and can I say go the green and gold. I lived in Australia for many years, and have seen both 6 stud or 6 on 5.5" pcd in both countries. Mainly on the Imported rigs, but often found on the 660cc sammys in NZ some of the early models were of course drums all round.There was a 413 model imported here that they called a Jimny with the six stud approx 1990 model. And also of intrest toyota have gone to 5 stud set ups on the 79series and the new crusiers but unfortunately its 5 on6" pcd.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Well, you learn something new everyday. Looks like the mystery has been solved and these were on some oddball models exported from Japan. Thanks for the info.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts