·
Dinkerdoodledoo
9,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Dinkerdoodledoo
9,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How many member numbers do you want to reserve? I know you were thinking about migrating the users from the pbb DB. Think about it.
I just wonder how much effort that will take... it's HUGE?

·
Registered
171 Posts
shouldn't be too hard...

we just keep the username, password, email and any other misc things we feel we need in the game

and we just import them into the game not very difficult at all

only thing would be we have to wipe the user database before we do it on the game so what we have for testing dosnt interfere with the final copy...

hmm...

on top of that it should be easy ive done db migrations like this before not with 100k users mind you but with about 1000 or so

·
Registered
171 Posts
So John to your remark earlier about this being a PITA to run...

yes it will be with 2000+ members no doubt...

However i will have the admin panel setup to detect any type of cheating at all if people make unusual game moves as well as detection of words in the mail system that sort of thing if we need to do that...

You tell us what you want to be monitored and we will make it be easy to manage and maintain!

we are open to all ideas and please feel free to tell us what you want!

Btw for all that dont know im Trevor feel free to im me my infos in my profile

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Hey Guys,

Grendel invited to work on this.

Since I sepnt so much time writing code for the MW game :evil:

I figured I should give back to Pirate with this one.

So what can I do to pitch in?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well as oif right now not much im currently building the backend and it should be done within the week id like to say...

However i need a few things for the vb scripts to make the mod since i dont know how vb is setup...

i need:
login.php
register.php

and the db table for the users
and the db table for the star stuff

What i plan to do is use 2 dbs to run the game

1 is the merge between the game and forum (username pass login that sort of stuff) and the other is for the game itsself...

that way if a user registers, logisn on the forum they are logged in on the game as well!

·
Dinkerdoodledoo
9,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
keep the logins separate.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Allright however how do we want to work the registration then? jsut have it install to another db upon registration? or refer to the current db for registration?

i still at least need the register.php and the table so i can figure out what i have to setup

·
Dinkerdoodledoo
9,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Allright however how do we want to work the registration then? jsut have it install to another db upon registration? or refer to the current db for registration?

i still at least need the register.php and the table so i can figure out what i have to setup
Run the reg independent of the normal board, please.

BTW, try not to talk about this game elsewhere. I'd prefer it to be a surprise. :flipoff2:

·
Lurking since 1956
10,417 Posts
Which brings us back to, how many id's do you want to reserve? BTW where are the people coming from? I know lance, Camo, and Hammy. Are you guys telling these people or are they finding it? Don't matter cause we will restart the DB when we go to test, just wondered if people are finding it. If I need to password protect it I will.

·
Dinkerdoodledoo
9,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.