Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I can't decide if it's a good idea to get it accustomed to being in this position, or if it's a bad idea to encourage it. :confused:

Sure is easier to weld on its belly this way, though. :)

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I think if it's roots are upside down, that will come natural and
that's not a good idea :D

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
ROCKSFORBRAINS said:
More pics!
Scott, is this one for you?
The progress archive:
http://www.rockstomper.com/images/products/custom/shopjunk/mantis2

This one is the rebody job for the little green truck. It's not a comp rig. Too big (it's being built around running the 44's, and as a three seater). So yes, it's for me... but not for comp. With a little luck, I'll be starting on the comp rig next. :evil:

Dan, if I didn't have this much crap, I wouldn't have enough parts to build myself a rig... :p

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
That's a nice looking frame.

I gather by the use of the :evil: that you'll be throwing down the gauntlet for the comp rig:D I'll bet you're itchin to implement some ideas that have been rattling around in your head for a while.

Now hurry up and finish it so we can go snow wheelin! I hate being the only one to freeze my ass off:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
the burning question is, though.... is it still going to be running the Saturn mill??? :confused: :D

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Heavy Metal Toy said:
the burning question is, though.... is it still going to be running the Saturn mill??? :confused: :D
Hey did you ever get a chance to weigh that thing? I remember hearing it had like 140 hp which seems like quit a bit for a motor you can carry.

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
ROCKSFORBRAINS said:
That's a nice looking frame.
I gather by the use of the :evil: that you'll be throwing down the gauntlet for the comp rig:D I'll bet you're itchin to implement some ideas that have been rattling around in your head for a while.
Now hurry up and finish it so we can go snow wheelin! I hate being the only one to freeze my ass off:flipoff2:
Thanks!

I dunno if "throwing down the gauntlet" would be quite the right phrase, but I'll take it. :) I'm itching to toss some ideas that have been rattling around (geez, there's a lot of room for that!) in my head. Some are going into this, and some'll be going in the next project.

I was snow 'wheeling yesterday--I broke my transfer case. Literally. Cracked the case itself... I didn't think that was possible. Apparently, it is. Oops. :emb4:

Edit: My UPS scale only goes to 150 pounds, so weighing the engine is difficult at best. I haven't actually weighed it; considering that Chad carried it without hurting himself, I'd put it at not more than 225, but could be a little more. References I've found indicate 240 complete... but there's not a lot of them. I'd been told 130hp, but could've been told wrong there too.

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ROCKSFORBRAINS said:
Top. Any more progress?:D

Don't tell my wife that I put her pic on Pirate... :p

JR, yeah, some of the design elements were intended to look "mean"... and considering my... umm... chronological predisposition (child-o-the-80's)... yeah, that'd include the Terminator trilogy.

Next one will be smaller. And a lot faster.

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
My first glance at the top picture I thought I was looking at some new extreme buggy, that would run really long shocks and not limit rear axle flex in any possible way :eek: :eek: :jester:

·
Registered
11,871 Posts
The Joker said:
My first glance at the top picture I thought I was looking at some new extreme buggy, that would run really long shocks and not limit rear axle flex in any possible way :eek: :eek: :jester:

That was one of my first two thoughts. The other was a helicopter. :laughing: :eek:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Dan Dibble said:
You dont have enought shit in your garage?:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Looks good keep us informed.

Dan
That place is spotless compared to my shop. You can actually see his floor. I'm not sure I have a floor.

:flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts