Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
anybody actually get a ticket out on the lakebed? i saw some people pulled over on boone rd, but never out wheeling.
I did, the actual tags on my plate were from 09 so they pulled me over. I had paid them days before i just didnt have the new tag on my plates yet. i kind of expected it though it is koh after all. showed them the paperwork, they ran my DL and let me go.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Marines say, it is YOUR responsiblity...

I know that the Marines were writing tickets out by Emerson Lake. They had park ranger on a KTM there to help. Once you were on base property you were guilty. There was zero tolerance for anyone on the base. It was an immediate ticket for $75.
When the stories started circulating in Johnson Valley community about people being busted for trespassing onto the Base, the G-5 Community Relations Officer was asked about it, and we were told, "It is your responsibility to know where the border is." Period, end of discussion.

We hope this attitude toward the new borderline won't persist, since they will be cutting off trails people have used for three generations – and so far, maps published by the Marines are worse than useless for figuring out where no-man's-land will actually begin.

Heard they were considering a 70 mile barbed wire fence. Personally, I think I would rather run into the felony ticket than a wire fence. Particularly on a motorcycle following someone who sees the fence, does a sliding turn, raises a cloud of dust that hides the fence. Known that to happen.

The Base expansion planners (1) did not know there was anyone out here (2) do not care (3) don't have a clue what we do and why we are here (4) and do not care.

So it's your responsibility, folks.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Agreed wearing a helmet should be your choice, not a law. But what do you expect in Commiefornia?

They do the same BS tickets in Michigan. I know a group of 5 who all got tickets for no helmets........ An officer sat at a trailhead parking lot with his snowmobile hidden behind a trailer and watched all 5 of them come in from the trail, shut off their snowmobiles, take off their helmets and gear, and open up the trailers. Then after all 5 of them got back on their snowmobiles and rode them in the trailers with no helmets on, he went over and wrote all 5 of them tickets for "riding without a helmet." :mad3: Total bullshit.

·
Vendor
4,164 Posts
Wow.

Was thinking I wanted to go this year, but tore my junk apart. If this is what is going to go on, I can go in some off time, and drive to the lakebed at 2AM to avoid the street cops. I'm 100% legal, but this sounds out of hand, and I dont need stress on a vacation. :shaking:

Hell just the out-of state plates, the tow rig probably looks like candy!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I understand BLM out there jamming people for tickets for MARGINAL infractions, this is KOH after all their biggest cash cow since Thanksgiving at Glamis.

I want to know what State Parks jurisdiction is and why they were jamming people.
If it is any consolation to you, the BLM is going to treat the Marine Corp as just another group user. For their two months of use, they must file a use plan and ask for a permit, from the BLM, just like Ultra 4 does.
Kind makes me smile to think about it......Attack Helicopters and Staff Vehicles getting speeding tickets... ;)

·
Premium Member
1,734 Posts
We had a great time, drove slow through camps and walked to Hammertown. Just be courteous and don't treat everyone"s camp like the race course or your local bar.

·
Not a Wenzelite
36,704 Posts
If it is any consolation to you, the BLM is going to treat the Marine Corp as just another group user. For their two months of use, they must file a use plan and ask for a permit, from the BLM, just like Ultra 4 does.
Kind makes me smile to think about it......Attack Helicopters and Staff Vehicles getting speeding tickets... ;)
Hello yeah that's a consolation to me!

Now I want Dave Cole looking over their shoulders like they did to him for four years!!!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts