Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finnally started working with my steel braided fuel lines. It is a good thing I read the plumbing tech thread on Pirate. Using electric tape to wrap the hose in before cutting made all of the difference. If it is frayed then it is almost impossible to get the fittings to thread on properly. I was pretty happy with the way these turned out.

I am moving the fuel system wireing harness back behind the middle rib on the cage along with the fuel lines so that I can install a barrier between the fuel cell and the driver seat.

I hope to finish running the new lines and moving the pressure regulator over the holliday.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Are you running an in-tank fuel pump? Are you running flow-through fuel rails?
It is an in tank fuel pump, as for the fuel rails ,I'm do not have the flow through fuel rails but I would like to. Do you know if they make them for the 4.0 I know they make them for some other toyota cars. I am also not sure if it would be compatable with the URD SC, I believe that you can get an improved injector kit with it.This may not be an issue. I have never seen an FJ with Fuel rails but that doesnt mean that it cant be done.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I don't know anything about aftermarket part options for the Toyota V6, especially with something as sophisticated as a supercharger involved!

The reason I ask is that I'm trying to figure out how you have the fuel regulator plumbed in.

It looks an Aeromotive regulator similar to mine. My regulator has two inputs on the sides and an output on the bottom. My regulator goes in-line AFTER the fuel rails and creates a controlled amount of back pressure. The pump pushes the fuel forward, it flows through the rails, and then goes into the regulator. It pressurizes the rails up to what the regulator is set for, and the excess returns to the fuel cell.

Yours is obviously different, and I see what looks like an "H" of hoses, with the regulator at one node. I'm guessing that you have a line from the pump to the regulator, then a controlled pressure line from there to the engine. The "crossbar" of the H is likely a bypass back to the cell. There's one line left that I don't understand then.

In this system, is there a fuel return from the engine?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know anything about aftermarket part options for the Toyota V6, especially with something as sophisticated as a supercharger involved!

In this system, is there a fuel return from the engine?
Originally I had no intention of installing the regulator. I sent the OHM and OME fuel pressure to Fuel safe so I would get the correct pressure coming out of the cell to the engine but after it was installed we found that it was flooding the engine with too much pressure so we installed the regulator. The sending unit that they sent was wrong also and I still havent got the gauge to work.

The regulator you see has an inlet from the cell that gets adjusted then continues to the engine. There is a return coming from the engine and the same line from the regulator returns the excess fuel at the regulator.

THe other line from the cell is the vapor recovery line that is needed to keep the computer going, but I would like to get rid of, it goes all the way back up to the engine.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FInished new plumbing.

Finally finished installing the new lines. I still need to fab a bracket for the preesure guage and install a new fuel level gauge. I have not been able to get the OME gauge to work with the fuel safe sending unit so I have ordered one of thier gauges to install and then install the wireing in a steel braided sleeve.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finnally have MAd DOg running again after some troubling times with the fuel system. Long story but end result was the fuel pump relay was out. probably shorted out from some of the cuttting and splicing I was doing. Runs good now and hope to get her all back together for KOH.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally I had no intention of installing the regulator. I sent the OHM and OME fuel pressure to Fuel safe so I would get the correct pressure coming out of the cell to the engine but after it was installed we found that it was flooding the engine with too much pressure so we installed the regulator.

I am kind of bashing my own comment,but I have now discovered that the OME fuel line has a pressure regulator in front of the injector feed so why it only works with another regulator installed I dont know unless the new fuel pump was just overwhelming the stock regulator. Hmmm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts