Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for recommendations on a steel building MFG and/or maybe a contractor in the Murphys, CA (Calaveras County) area to install it. I planned on doing the build myself, but I am now thinking I will do the foundation and have a Company do the install of the structure, if it is for the right price. The shop will be approx. 30x40 at the largest if I can fit it, I know I can fit 26x36.

Thanks

·
Vendor
1,956 Posts
if you aren't looking for one of the really heavy duty ones, carportsandmore did mine (12G 2x2 tube frame) and i'm really happy with it. 3 roll up doors, windows, man door, etc. can play around with everything on their website and get a real price. includes install.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If there is no other advise on local builders, how about advise on any national Companies that deliver metal buildings?

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you aren't looking for one of the really heavy duty ones, carportsandmore did mine (12G 2x2 tube frame) and i'm really happy with it. 3 roll up doors, windows, man door, etc. can play around with everything on their website and get a real price. includes install.
Have you had any leak issues?

·
Vendor
1,956 Posts
Have you had any leak issues?
no real leak issues, i got some water coming in the bottom of the roll up doors, but i added a gutter and that solved that issue. sometimes it gets some pretty good condensation, but if it was insulated that wouldn't be an issue. I would think a wood stove would be fine. not sure on snow load, but they should know. probably go with vertical roof panels and get a good angle on them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After doing some more reading, research and thinking, I am more open to the idea of using one of the enclosed carport type buildings. I also found a video that shows how to install a wood stove using a high temp silicone boot https://youtu.be/zHa9OV3WD44

the other thing I found impressive in the video was when he walked across the metal roof and the minimal flex that it had.

https://www.amazon.com/Dektite-Silicone-Metal-Flashing-Round/dp/B0071C0E6A/ref=pd_sim_60_6?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0071C0E6A&pd_rd_r=Z0B9FJX1PG7NXGT3DT01&pd_rd_w=8KQFX&pd_rd_wg=iEPMW&psc=1&refRID=Z0B9FJX1PG7NXGT3DT01

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
I'm in Stan. county and had my 30x60x12 carport garage put up and am really happy with it. I found a supplier for insulation that fits between the studs and starting the install of that. I have the the vertical roof and if I remember correctly was a 30lbs snow load. I wish I had spent the extra money on vertical siding, I thought it was just cosmetic at first but you get extra girts with vertical siding. I used the company american carport and valley shed was the distributor. Not sure if they service your area but for a smaller shop it's a great bang for bucj option.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
thanks for the info, who was the insulation supplier?

I should get my pad cut within the month, and then I can determine the size of the shop.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have not committed to a building type or manufacturer yet, but I do have a bulldozer coming on April 5th to cut my pad. After we cut the pad, I will have a better idea on the size and budget, for the building.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Sweet. Something to keep in mind is that the carport style building is after 30ft wide they switch to a different wall and truss design and they jump up significantly price per sqft.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I have my pad cut and have decided on a 28x31x9 American steel carport.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My Building has been delivered and installed. It took 3 workers 2 days to install, and I am very happy with what I got. I purchased it through Carportsandmore.com I was lucky enough to get it purchased, less than 1 week before this years price increase. Prices for my building went up a few thousand dollars.

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts
Mine is a steel bilt, Its 2 weeks old today. I went with the insulated roof. It took 3 guys an afternoon to put it up. (24x36 with 9 foot walls)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I'm in Stan. county and had my 30x60x12 carport garage put up and am really happy with it. I found a supplier for insulation that fits between the studs and starting the install of that. I have the the vertical roof and if I remember correctly was a 30lbs snow load. I wish I had spent the extra money on vertical siding, I thought it was just cosmetic at first but you get extra girts with vertical siding. I used the company american carport and valley shed was the distributor. Not sure if they service your area but for a smaller shop it's a great bang for bucj option.
Do you have a photo's of how you installed the insulation? My building supports are 4'3" on center (4'1" between)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts