Pirate 4x4 banner

241 - 260 of 1017 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
Only toyota guys care, which is a small segment

I don't know, I thought it debuted at koh and was sold by summer? The same happened with the savvy lj that dominated for years. I don't think the new owner has ever podiumed, or how many races he has finished? Point being that team and driver are more important than the parts.
I'm not a Toyota guy and was more than impressed with that car. Bottom line. That car won every race it entered. 4-4 Including Nationals and KOH. Anyway you look at it. It was a perfect combo. The fool that pulled that motor for an LS can't get it to work for shit. That car pulled on monster LS's on the short courses also. Plus the fact that it was a Toyota motor and Toyota looking truck. Sponsors loved that car.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm not a Toyota guy and was more than impressed with that car. Bottom line. That car won every race it entered. 4-4 Including Nationals and KOH. Anyway you look at it. It was a perfect combo. The fool that pulled that motor for an LS can't get it to work for shit. That car pulled on monster LS's on the short courses also. Plus the fact that it was a Toyota motor and Toyota looking truck. Sponsors loved that car.

I’m a Jeep guy!!
I remember them pointing out the leaf sprung Toyota on the livestream at koh.
Few years back!!
Qualifying run, I think??
(Might be the one you guys are talking about)
Anyway.... I thought it was cool as shit!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #243 (Edited)
Quick update:
- First, I was wrong! I installed the ABS Kill Switch and drove all this past week - I thought the 4.7L was fast before. With ABS off, it's a whole new beast.

You all were right! We will be running KOH with ABS Off. I still like the switch so I can have ABS on when I drive to CA in mid-Sept, but once it's in CA, it'll be off full time!

- Salvage parts have started to arrive and the remainder should be here this week (Liftgate will be gutted - glass, motors, electrical, etc will be sold):

- PRP seats are here. These will be installed on temp brackets as soon as this weekend for the drive to CA and integrated into the roll-cage in CA:

- Fuel cell, mount, filler, pump, filters, Alltech baffles etc will all be here this week and I hope to have rough mounting done this coming weekend. Only thing I lack here is the AN fittings and hoses.

- Master Kill Switch from Painless should also be here this week and installed this coming weekend.

- URD MAF Calibrator will be here on Friday and will be installed this coming weekend along with gauges.

- Cooper STT Pros and KMC Enduro Beadlock wheels have all been received and are stored at Marlin Crawler's shops in CA. I'll hopefully have some pics to post soon.

More to come soon!

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
So all these parts are being shipped to Alabama, then going to CA for the build?? And you are driving the vehicle there? I am so confused

·
Registered
4x4
503 Posts
So all these parts are being shipped to Alabama, then going to CA for the build?? And you are driving the vehicle there? I am so confused
10 pages and I think no one knows what's happening... Shoot it took to page 10 to figure out ABS isn't for racing in KOH :laughing:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #248 (Edited)
From the post above that should be helpful:

Phase I (May to Early-Sept in AL):
- Engine Upgrades
- Fuel System Install
- Strip Interior, Install Seats, Gauges, Electrical, Blue/Amber Lights, etc
- All body modifications (4 doors, fenders, liftgate, hood)
- Front Suspension, Rear Suspension, Steering, Axles, Front RCVs, Bumpers/Sliders/Skids all being prototyped and tested in CA

--- 4Runner goes to CA in Mid-Sept ---

Phase II (Mid-Sept to Oct in CA):
- Front Suspension and Steering installed
- Front Axle Built and RCVs installed
- Atlas II installed along with cross member built
- Rear Suspension and Rear Axle installed
- Front/Rear Bumpers, Sliders, and Skid Plates installed
- Roll Cage Installed

Phase III (Nov to Dec at JV):
- First round of On-Site testing in JV
- Fix, Revise, Rebuild
- Test, Fix, Test and Test Some More

Phase IV (Jan in CA):
- Vehicle Wrap Installed
- Final Preparations
- Contingency Time for Whatever Surprises Come

Phase I (Feb 4-8 at JV):
- Pre-Run
- Race

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
JAZ Pro Sport II - 22 Gal race fuel cell just arrived from JEGS:

Slowly running out of space:

Also got the Painless Master Kill Switch, secondary latches, fuel line adapter for AEM AFR Gauge, and a few other odds and ends today:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #252 (Edited)
People just like to complain.

This is the most active thread in the toyota section recently though.

Kevin
Good to know - thanks Kevin! Any encouragement is welcomed! We've got a ways to go, but a ton has been accomplished. Albeit not in standard "build thread" style, which is throwing a lot of people off.

Hope to have the Atlas II, Adapter, Nitro Front Gears, and Front ARB ordered Today!

·
Registered
940 Posts
I don't remember reading it but you should look into spindle gussets too . Is that your down hill barbie jeep racer hiding under the cell:flipoff2:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #254 (Edited)
I don't remember reading it but you should look into spindle gussets too . Is that your down hill barbie jeep racer hiding under the cell:flipoff2:
Yes, there are some aftermarket spindle gussets we can use if needed, but I'm expecting we'll fab all new spindles with the front suspension - maybe similar to these from Solo Motorsports:

Here are gussets from Total Chaos:
http://www.chaosfab.com/2003-2009-4Runner-Weld-on-Spindle-Gussets-59698
http://www.chaosfab.com/2003-2009-4Runner-Weld-on-Spindle-Gussets-59698-SB

My 5 and 2 yr old girls race that pink barbie jeep KOH style around the driveway! Who knows what they'd do if they had the one with 2x voltage!

·
Registered
940 Posts
This is Pirate. Don't let the bitching get to you. Guys will bitch about pretty much anything. There are still a few guys on here that have some good info. The rest just like to bitch and web wheel.
I totally agree with this ! I will say that I'm not happy with how much I have wheeled my junk ! It is still hooked to a 35 ft mouse infested camper since last labor day , call me pathetic if you want :flipoff2: but I really think some people are not happy in there own life and try to bring others down to there level to feel better!

To the op I really hope you can link live or somewhat feed back leading upto the race and while at the race. That would really redeem this thread keep all the flashy pics for face looser and instafawk and show all the detailed stuff here! Keep on plug in away.

·
Premium Member
29,409 Posts
good to see more parts rolling in

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
This is Pirate. Don't let the bitching get to you. Guys will bitch about pretty much anything. There are still a few guys on here that have some good info. The rest just like to bitch and web wheel.
Really? This thread has limited tech and is zero build and is pages long. I am not bitching to bitch, I am bitching because the OP started this huge campaign and has yet to do more than a bolt on exhaust and order some parts. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Really? This thread has limited tech and is zero build and is pages long. I am not bitching to bitch, I am bitching because the OP started this huge campaign and has yet to do more than a bolt on exhaust and order some parts. :rolleyes:
This right here. With all the bolt ons this thread would be better off in the FJ section. It has just about nothing in common with 79 to 95 Toyotas.

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
Yes really. It'd only be 3 pages if you got rid of all the bitching. Best part is. Your last build was a 4runner with a bike rack and tube bumpers. That's a ton of tech. Do you even wheel anymore?

A lot of the reason Pirate has gone down the shitter is cause people are afraid to post. We were all new here at one point. I build a lot shit. But I still wait till I'm a few weeks in before I post. Cause I know guys are going to bitch about updates.

241 - 260 of 1017 Posts