Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just want to know the torque spec-- on my new crossover steering arms :smokin: . searched and I found a dead link.... :eek:

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
OOP'S said:
According to my FSM it is 71 ft lbs!!!! :grinpimp:
yeah i know but i thought i remeber pirate consensus to be go for 80 and lots of red loctite :flipoff2:

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
gnob said:
yeah i know but i thought i remeber pirate consensus to be go for 80 and lots of red loctite :flipoff2:
Not that I know of, there is a reason for torque specs. Going over a torque spec stretches the fastener and makes it prone to failure. :grinpimp:

·
Cranky Moderator
7,366 Posts
When Opp's tells ya, you need to listen!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll try and post some info later about modifying the knuckle to use Grade 8 Dana 44 9/16" studs, with OTT arms with the holes all set up for it. Not as easy as I thought .... If I fawk up one hole, I have a new paper weight ...

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
steveh said:

I'll try and post some info later about modifying the knuckle to use Grade 8 Dana 44 9/16" studs, with OTT arms with the holes all set up for it. Not as easy as I thought .... If I fawk up one hole, I have a new paper weight ...
Not always, but if I find I made a mistake I will be first to admit it!!!! :grinpimp:

Did you get rid of those 4x4 Lab arms?

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
steveh said:

my bad, go 71 ft lbs
man, i cant wait until i am old, crusty and know everything :flipoff2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts