Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke the mount on my steering box for the 5th time. What do you use for your mount? I was using the stock one with reinforcement and a brace. If you have pics that would be great.

Thanks

Erin

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
1/2 plate with 3/8 gussets

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
OK heres my question.

WHat are the lines running from the top of his box, and the front of his box?
Cooler?
Power brakes?
Hydrolic winch?

MJ

[ 09-23-2001: Message edited by: Maine Jeepah ]

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I also need a steering box mount for my 72CJ5 it is the older style mount that is one piece and slides into the front frame rail. I don't have any pics but if anyone knows where I can find one that would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Originally posted by Bgcj5:
<STRONG>I also need a steering box mount for my 72CJ5 it is the older style mount that is one piece and slides into the front frame rail. I don't have any pics but if anyone knows where I can find one that would be greatly appreciated</STRONG>
That's what I'm working on right now. I just broke my second one, so I'm going to do something like Dean's instead. I'm thinking that I'll make it to slide into the frame rail like the old piece.

·
Premium Member
12,586 Posts
Screw the mount! What I am interrested in is the hydro assist steering. How's it work? That's the first tiem I've seen the taps drilled in those places.

J. J.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Sam's Offroad in Tulsa has an incredible mount for about $100. It's worth the money, even if you could build it yourself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts