Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help with the seal # for the steering shaft input on power steering box.
Thanks,
John

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
can't help with that part # but Eric B can set you up with a guy who sources the entire seal kit for $50 I used it but can't find the e-mail address

·
Moo 2 U
3,828 Posts
dont know that answer either - try to get a hold of this guy maybe. hes in austin tx and sells complete seal kits.

John A. Vargus - [email protected]

maybe he'll know the answer you're lookin for.

·
Moo 2 U
3,828 Posts
heh must both posted that at the same time. he'll also need to know if you have one from an 86/87 or one thats from 88-95 vehicles

·
Registered
35 Posts
For the 88-95, I have one here in front of me. It is kind of hard to figure out which is the part # but it has 90311-19002 which I think is the p/n. It also has AO1-01-L5 and a reference # of FS253252. Hope those numbers help.

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
His current email is [email protected] ;)

And the rest of his contact info is HERE.

He only sells whole kits though. I've got both style input seals at home that have NOK numbers on them that you might be able to cross reference...?

Problem is though, is it that outer seal that is bad, or is it some of the high pressure teflon seals further inside leaking high pressure into the normally lower pressure area?

Somehow my steering box is leaking from the adjuster nut and I rebuilt it again and it still leaks. :mad:
I wonder if its cracked...?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info guys, I'm from down under so I just wanted the seal No. so I could source if from my end instead of going genuine

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
ErikB said:
His current email is [email protected] ;)

And the rest of his contact info is HERE.

He only sells whole kits though. I've got both style input seals at home that have NOK numbers on them that you might be able to cross reference...?

Problem is though, is it that outer seal that is bad, or is it some of the high pressure teflon seals further inside leaking high pressure into the normally lower pressure area?

Somehow my steering box is leaking from the adjuster nut and I rebuilt it again and it still leaks. :mad:
I wonder if its cracked...?
got it tight enough? Mine spurted out there but I was able to crank it down and stop the leaking, of course it leaks everywhere else..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts