Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know if there is any differences in the 2 boxes besides how the input shaft is setup??

[ 08-27-2001: Message edited by: crash ]

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Bearing size. 5th gear size. Bolt pattern to the bell housing. G52 and W56 have the same bolt pattern to the bell housing. The R151F and the R150 have the same bolt pattern to the bell housing.

If you take a 4cyl and a V6 apart everything in the V6 transmission is larger.

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whoops, my bad, I miss stated my question, sorry..

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BTT

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTT

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
Originally posted by crash:
[QB]Anybody know if there is any differences in the 2 boxes besides how the input shaft is setup??

QB]
The input shaft difference is the only thing I can tell. Its not just V6/4cyl, I think its more to do w/ the year of the truck.

The newer ones ("V6") are a little longer where the input shaft connects, so the steering shaft can be a little shorter.

I had a later box in my '86 for a while. They are basically interchangeable as long as your steering shaft isn't too long (or short if going the other way).

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, the best of my knowledge, they used 2 different gearboxes even in the later models, but like you say, the only difference is the input that i can tell, but possabley something different in the valving?? They are the same ratio also..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts