Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
DKA Motorsports
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i checked my bushings, and they are shot, and thats why my ride is so bad lately, my question is, is it possible to just replace the bushings like in the pitman arm and the steering, or do you have to buy a whole new steering setup?? my buddy said i'd have to get all new steering parts, and i was :eek: . this is on a IFS front end, by the way:flipoff2: flame on ******* i'm saving up for a SAS, damn it. :D

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
You could put the money for the steering parts towards a SAS,that would be the best.:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

I'd look in the salvage yards far a pitman arm and what ever parts you need.

·
DKA Motorsports
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah yeah

i know, i've already got a D44 i have set aside that i'm gonna use, i just gotta buy it from my buddy and save up money to swap it in. Soon... very soon.:D but in the meantime i have to replace these bushings, the steering is about to fall apart. Can i just buy bushings and press them in the steering, or do i have to buy all new steering parts??

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Re: yeah yeah

tribal4krawler said:
i know, i've already got a D44 i have set aside that i'm gonna use, i just gotta buy it

I've got a 12,000 Lbs Warn winch,Marlin triple case set up, 2 ARB lockers, 5:13 gears and 38x12.50 swampers set aside also that I need to buy also.:rolleyes:

If you need to buy it you don't have it :flipoff2: :rolleyes:

If your gonna really do a SAS then go to the salvage yard for your temporary parts dumbie/newbie :D :flipoff2: :D

In that other useless post you made,the one DRM closed on ya, he told you where you can go to ask silly questions.

·
DKA Motorsports
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks oop's

for the link, i'm actually in the process of gathering all the components i need for the axle swap, right now i'm trying to figure out what kind of springs i wanna run. I'm a poor college boy, mommy and daddy dont help me at all, maybe a select few of you will understand why i cant just go *poof* and tada, solid axle!! :flipoff2: but anyway, the main ? i had about the steering was the pitman arm, the bushing in that is worn out, i was wondering if i could just get a new bushing and press it in there or do i have to buy a new pitman arm? i have the Idler arm rebuild and all that already figured out, its just the pitman arm that has me scratching my head. If nothing else works i might try goin to a junkyard and finding some bushings, but knowing the junkyards around here they will say that i have to buy the entire freakin truck if i want a tie rod or somethin. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Re: Re: yeah yeah

raptorman57 said:

If you need to buy it you don't have it :flipoff2: :rolleyes:

If your gonna really do a SAS then go to the salvage yard for your temporary parts dumbie/newbie :D :flipoff2: :D

In that other useless post you made,the one DRM closed on ya, he told you where you can go to ask silly questions.
Fawking Raptor, you're hilarious

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
He said to flame on so I was just giving him what he asked for:D :D :D :D

tribal4krawler said:
by the way:flipoff2: flame on

·
Registered
197 Posts
You spent money on an IFS :rainbow: lift :rolleyes:
So watch the mouth.