Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the pins for my front leafs moved forward 2.5inches. What I didnt expect was how leafs now shoot up from the front of the axle right into the path of where I planned on running my cross steer. In addition to this I wanted to roll the axle 12deg. to alleviate my drive shaft some, but that only furthers the problem I am already facing. I have never run a high steer so I cant guess if it will move my steering out of the way of my leaf or not, but I understand the Marlin offers a good setup. Anyone have any thoughts or delt with this before? I can email some pics of it if you need an idea of what I'm talking about, I tried to post them but cant figure out this IMG link.

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had the pins for my front leafs moved forward 2.5inches. What I didnt expect was how leafs now shoot up from the front of the axle right into the path of where I planned on running my cross steer. In addition to this I wanted to roll the axle 12deg. to alleviate my drive shaft some, but that only furthers the problem I am already facing. I have never run a high steer so I cant guess if it will move my steering out of the way of my leaf or not, but I understand the Marlin offers a good setup. Anyone have any thoughts or delt with this before?

·
Registered
877 Posts
You could build a drop hanger in the front to help alleviate the angle a bit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That would push the arch out of the way some, but there is too many draw backs to a drop hanger. These are 8 inch Alcans and designed for flex on a truck by truck basis. If I run a drop hanger it will change alot about the way they flex. I am really just looking for a steering solutions, thanks though. Anyone run a high steer that has any thoughts on this?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts