Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was originally planning on running a dual-holed arm on the passenger side, but due to only running 15" i didn't want to risk having the arm get into the wheel.

So here is my question, my arms are drilled for 3/4" heims, however I need to find a piece similar to this:

That still lets me use my heims.

Or, do you think there is room here to drill another hole and not interfere with my heims.

Any suggestions or help??

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
A dual-hole arm shouldn't have any issue with 15" wheels.

Keep in mind that using a dual hole arm vs. attaching the DL to the TR changes the steering ratio (effective steering arm length). An IFS box and pitman usually cant steer a 44 to full lock when using the forward hole in a dual hole arm.

As for attaching the DL to the TR with heims, you can use a solid TR, mill or grind some flats in it, and then drill a hole through it.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A dual-hole arm shouldn't have any issue with 15" wheels.

Keep in mind that using a dual hole arm vs. attaching the DL to the TR changes the steering ratio (effective steering arm length). An IFS box and pitman usually cant steer a 44 to full lock when using the forward hole in a dual hole arm.

As for attaching the DL to the TR with heims, you can use a solid TR, mill or grind some flats in it, and then drill a hole through it.
Thanks for the help Erik.

Keep it coming

1 - 3 of 3 Posts