Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried a search bet didn't come up with anything I have a heep with a 400BB running 42in tsl's with high steer there is at most 3 in difference between pitman arm and high steer arm so almost parallel draglink. I'm running 44044 front leaves. For some reason when I turn the vehicle it choses to lift or squat rather than turn do I have any options other than stiffer leaves or hydro assist. It doesn't really have the problem when rolling but I could see it being a real problem on the trail if I get wedged against a rock or something. The leaves are not twisting or moving as I've seen this with too long of a shackle etc. where a panhard might help but mine stay perfect in line.

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,810 Posts
streetcrawler said:
I tried a search bet didn't come up with anything I have a heep with a 400BB running 42in tsl's with high steer there is at most 3 in difference between pitman arm and high steer arm so almost parallel draglink. I'm running 44044 front leaves. For some reason when I turn the vehicle it choses to lift or squat rather than turn do I have any options other than stiffer leaves or hydro assist. It doesn't really have the problem when rolling but I could see it being a real problem on the trail if I get wedged against a rock or something. The leaves are not twisting or moving as I've seen this with too long of a shackle etc. where a panhard might help but mine stay perfect in line.
I would almost think that you have a lot of caster in the truck. How is your caster front and rear?

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Lower it 3", put in a Panhard, or go hydro-assist...or just drive it like most people do.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
the pinion doesnt matter its what the knuckles are at.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had the EXACT same problem in mine and believe it or not I was told to make the track bar mounting point at the frame the same height as the drag link at the pitman arm. It fixed it! :D This is after cutting the steering off and re-designing it three times! Of course I tried to make the two links parallel and about the same length to minimize bump steer. How that would apply to leaves I don't know, but I hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts