Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 76 blazer i cant turn the key cylinder to start the car i bought it not running and fixing it i replaced the key cylinder thinking it was that but it is not i can still turn the steering wheel like the lock it not on but i cant turn the key in any direction so my question is do you think the steering lock is on and that is why i cant turn the key? if so how can i get the steering lock off i took apart the column and couldnt fix anything any help is appreciated this thing is driving me crazy thanks

·
Registered
243 Posts
mine locked up on me on the trail once had to pound it apart with a screwdriver and hammer till it freed up now Im left with a mess and a truck that only starts with a screwdriver. let me know what you come up with.

Ryan

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Take the steering wheel off, pull the turn signal switch and guts out and figure out why is isn't working. Not hard and not rocket science.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Take the steering wheel off, pull the turn signal switch and guts out and figure out why is isn't working. Not hard and not rocket science.
I've found you're better off just digging and replacing shit on these things. They're pretty hard to flat out "break" and much easier to "fix".

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the pin that runs down the steering column was jambed i pulled the top of it with a needle nose just under the turn signal level and now it works great thanks for the input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts