Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting a yota ifs steering setup in my samurai with a 1.3. I already made the bracket to mount it to my block. The idle up vacuum port was big and bulky, so i removed it.

Can i just plug it instead of capping the ends where the hoses would connect? Does anyone know the size? I've been searching for a while!

I am guessing 16mmx1.5 or 17mmx1.5

Thank you,
Neal.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, but the actual "can" that screws onto the pump with the two hose barbs is big and bulky. Where i have it mounted, it will hit the header. The plug sticks out at least 2.5 inches.

So can i just get a metric plug? Does anyone know the size?

·
Registered
652 Posts
he isnt talking about capping off the ports, he wants to completely remove the whole silver thingy and run a bolt into the pump....

i htought about that, but am not sure what it does, i have removed the silver thing, and it looks like it is more complicated than just putting a plug in it, i ended up using the vynil nipple plugs and left it alone.....

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
It is an idle up switch, if you plug it the engine will not idle up under extreme conditions like full lock. Mine started leaking internally and the fluid was being sucked into the engine. I could not figure out where the fluid was going until I checked the oil. It was way overfull. When I drained, it smelled like ATF, that is when I decided to plug it. When it was plugged, it had no ill effects on the steering. When I took the pan off to change to the two-wheel drive pan the lower end was very clean. ATF is very high in detergent.:grinpimp:

·
Registered
42 Posts
It is an idle up switch, if you plug it the engine will not idle up under extreme conditions like full lock. Mine started leaking internally and the fluid was being sucked into the engine. I could not figure out where the fluid was going until I checked the oil. It was way overfull. When I drained, it smelled like ATF, that is when I decided to plug it. When it was plugged, it had no ill effects on the steering. When I took the pan off to change to the two-wheel drive pan the lower end was very clean. ATF is very high in detergent.:grinpimp:
so what size plug did you end up using?? I would like to eliminate this also.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
FYI not all pumps have the idle up dealeo. You could always try to find one without it and not have to worry about it leaking. I use the style without it on my buggy but I can't remember what year it came off, my guess is older and probably carbed.

Edit: holy fawkin thread resurrection, but I guess it is still usefull info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts