Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering where I can get an extension for my steering shaft. I had moved my steering box forward (89-95 steering box) and at the time the collar was clamped onto the splines on the input shaft. I was looking under the truck and I noticed that it had pulled back off the splines. Not sure how long I was driving it like that, but I am sure that it is not good. I am looking for a way to fix without having to remove the steering shaft or box.

·
Registered
999 Posts
find a piece of pipe that fits over the shaft snugly cut the shaft in half and weld the pipe onto the shaft like a sleeve --==--

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Find a telescoping one if you don't already have it. Drill out the pins as stated above, extend to correct length, redrill pin hole and insert new roll pin.

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
Thanks for the information guys. I can work on this while I am waiting for my 3rds to come back from Crashfab.
thirds--what thirds :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I have always used my torch with the rosebud and melted the plastic out--those are not splastic rivates its inbeded plastic...

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
I don't think that I want to go sticking my torch under the hood of the truck! If you haven't gotten to it yet, can you put the carrier with the "old" lockrite into the front (non ABS) third and the new one in the rear (ABS) third?
can do ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts