Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the Big Daddy tie road and drag link and am trying to figure out the mount for my stabilizer, it’s a full size aftermarket, and was wondering does it have to mount from the axle housing to the tie rod or can I make a mount from the passenger side frame to the drag link?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Bondobob said:
I just installed the Big Daddy tie road and drag link and am trying to figure out the mount for my stabilizer, it’s a full size aftermarket, and was wondering does it have to mount from the axle housing to the tie rod or can I make a mount from the passenger side frame to the drag link?
Serious question: what is it that the steering stablizer is doing for you?

I know what they are, how they work, why people put them on...I am wondering what yours will do for you?

Where I am heading with this is you should be able to get along just fine without it. They are completely unnecessary in a properly functioning system.

I also recognize there is plenty of room for personal preference.

It is possible to mount the stablizer between frame and drag link but I would imagine you'd want it to be as parallel as possible. I have seen it done. Hopefully if it is a terrible idea someone will explain why. Personally, I don't run then because they tend to mask symptoms of other problems.

Barry

·
Registered
982 Posts
I agree with the stabilizer not being necessary. I have been running without one for the past 5k miles with no ill effects other than a wobble that has developed within the past few hundred miles. I do plan to add one once I solve my wobble problem to reduce the wear and tear on the tie rod ends and other steering components.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts