Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm installing hydro assist on a YJ. I disconnected my drag link and measured my steering travel from stop to stop and have 5 1/2" and have the ram limited to 5 1/2".
When I reinstall the drag link my pitman arm? limits my travel by about 1/2" and i'm not touching the steering stops now. Will this end up ripping the box off the frame or destroying knuckles? I haven't started to mock up the ram yet.

·
P.B.A.
4,326 Posts
So I think I know what you’re saying. The pitman arm isn’t long enough to offer enough throw to get you to lock to lock?

Try Jeep wagoner pitman arm longer and flat. Then try again. Your on the right track. Theres a thread in gen4x4 with bunch of different pitman arm lengths.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already have a wagoneer pitman arm installed. I guess I should have measured my steering travel with my drag link connected. Maybee I'll just limit my ram another 1/2" ?

·
P.B.A.
4,326 Posts
I already have a wagoneer pitman arm installed. I guess I should have measured my steering travel with my drag link connected. Maybee I'll just limit my ram another 1/2" ?
Yeah that wouldn’t be bad. Make sure you’ve got a mechanical stop and I’d run it. Sounds like you know what your doing.

On my truck I ended up having to make a pitman arm long enough to get enough throw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts