Pirate 4x4 banner

141 - 160 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
so when food is out...then reality sets in?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Went to the regular grocery store tonight, and they were fully stocked. Didn't go to the tp isle, but bread was stocked. We'll probably see a slight strain as ppl decide to cook in rather than eat out, but it'll adjust fairly easily.

·
Registered
14,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Keep tabs on supplies when those checks come out.
I suspect a lot of paycheck to paycheck people will go out and spend a bulk of their stimulus money on groceries to stock up.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Keep tabs on supplies when those checks come out.
I suspect a lot of paycheck to paycheck people will go out and spend a bulk of their stimulus money on groceries to stock up.
Wave 2 of Walmart games. Should have plenty TP. What's the next consumer staple in high demand?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,571 Posts
Wave 2 of Walmart games. Should have plenty TP. What's the next consumer staple in high demand?

Not a staple but I just saw a report that there maybe no Easter chicks because people are buying them as soon as they hatch!

·
Registered
66,767 Posts
Not a staple but I just saw a report that there maybe no Easter chicks because people are buying them as soon as they hatch!

I saw frozen peeps at ALDI, they're gonna have to do this year! :laughing:

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
In Michigan we have a had multiple incidents of people running into the store coughing on everything on purpose. One lady coughed on $30k of produce that had to be thrown out. Another ran through grabbing all the carts and coughing/spitting on everything claiming he had it. Cases in Michigan are rising fast and grocery/big box are wide open for 100s of occupants at once. A couple of Military bases around here, the big one being camp Grayling. It would be no surprise to see Military presence at the grocery/big box soon. Michigan is a logistics clusterfuck being a peninsula adding travel time to trucking. Thrown in a couple wack jobs that want to terrorize the food source, que the Military. Its not like much is open besides local grocery. Thankfully ours has a hardware store since the local hardware chain is closed indefinitely.

·
Unregistered User
9,027 Posts
In Michigan we have a had multiple incidents of people running into the store coughing on everything on purpose. One lady coughed on $30k of produce that had to be thrown out. Another ran through grabbing all the carts and coughing/spitting on everything claiming he had it. Cases in Michigan are rising fast and grocery/big box are wide open for 100s of occupants at once. A couple of Military bases around here, the big one being camp Grayling. It would be no surprise to see Military presence at the grocery/big box soon. Michigan is a logistics clusterfuck being a peninsula adding travel time to trucking. Thrown in a couple wack jobs that want to terrorize the food source, que the Military. Its not like much is open besides local grocery. Thankfully ours has a hardware store since the local hardware chain is closed indefinitely.
I don't care if you're a woman, old, ect. I see someone doing that shit on purpose and they're getting laid the fuck out.

People are being charged for doing it. Lady in PA that's apparently well known for being a pain in the ass did it and got charged. Grocery store had to toss like $30k worth of food.

Luckily it's not too bad here. Definitely a lot less shit on the shelves, but outside of toilet paper it hasn't really effected me. Everything isn't wiped out for food, it's just going before the store can get what they do have on the shelves.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just went grocery shopping this AM at Vons Mira Mesa (San Diego). No line outside the store, relatively few shoppers. No line at checkout. No gallons of water available, no frozen vegetables. Pretty much everything else I was looking for was there. Turkey tacos tonight. I was worried that my local beer (Pizza Port) would be sold out but there were more cans available than ever.

15,447 Posts
And 1 more thing-:flipoff2:

They had Angus choice Brisket for 3.25 a pound. I'll let you know how it comes out later.
Well that was some damn good Colorado-Texas style Brisket if I do say so myself and I do.:flipoff2:

Snow day at work today so I went to a Kroger station and with a 1.00 off reward a friend of my wifes gave us got 35 gallons of gas for 26 bucks. And then I went to WalMart and got 4 boxes of 12 gage shotshells. I could have bought more but I'm not a hoarder, I'm trying to get a cheap semi auto shotgun dialed in.

Went to Tractor Supply and got a 34 LB bag of our Sheps flavor dog food. Carried a little bottle of sanitizer with me and used it on my hands after touching stuff at stores in a nod to the "Rona".

It was a good day. Just 58 and I don't mind dying. (knock on wood)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Bump
It's the 1st of the month and the food stamp train is rolling down the line. I bet the folks that couldn't buy stuff yesterday will be out in force..
Not planing on doing much shopping for a week or so.

·
Hophead
77,607 Posts
Bump
It's the 1st of the month and the food stamp train is rolling down the line. I bet the folks that couldn't buy stuff yesterday will be out in force..
GF went out and did our big shopping today, said store was not crowded, no line to check out

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Just got back from Smart& Final,about 10 people in the store and most of them worked there.

The only thing I couldn't find were paper towels.
And Peanutbutter M&M's.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Bump

Wife just got back from store. Said it was deserted, but I don't know if this place even takes China cough dollars. Are they using the typical state agencies for these distributions?

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Our small store is pretty thin since all the VRBO owners bugged out to the hills completely unprepared. There was a slight calm when they arrived but then they panicked.

The grocery store only let the older folks in the first hour they are open since the mob moved in. Least exposure for them as well as letting them have the best chance to find what they need. Most of us full timers are only doing normal fresh grocery stuff. But its hard because fucknuts still want to empty the shelves every time they walk in. Fuck I hate city people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Random Dude
908 Posts
hey fuck you too! we are not all the same

:flipoff2:
Don't get all worked up about it, he was just referring to you & people like you :flipoff2:

141 - 160 of 168 Posts