Pirate 4x4 banner

241 - 260 of 262 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
I was hoping @snowracer could help us out with this one. He is one of the few people I know that could hold each bearing in his hands at no personal cost.

On another note, if it was different between the two pinions I wonder if you could look through the bearing books and find a conversion bearing with the right od and id?
ok let me try to help but have some shitty tools here at work so be close measurements :homer:

outer bearing on 11 and up diff

race OD is 4.125 and bearing ID is 2 inch

outer bearing

race OD is 3.25 and bearing ID is 1.625

·
Registered
130 Posts
ok let me try to help but have some shitty tools here at work so be close measurements :homer:

outer bearing

Thank you so much for that! Looks like it's time to hit the bearing books....

·
Registered
462 Posts
Did anyone ever get confirmation on whether or not you can throw an older 31 spine pinion into a 2011+ housing with a pre-2011 bearing kit? If the inner and outer pinion race diameters are the same, 3" in older Sterlings I believe, shouldn't everything drop right in?
I was hoping @snowracer could help us out with this one. He is one of the few people I know that could hold each bearing in his hands at no personal cost.

On another note, if it was different between the two pinions I wonder if you could look through the bearing books and find a conversion bearing with the right od and id?

outer bearing

Anyone ever get to bottom of this? I've searched everywhere looking for a way to get some 5.38's in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Anyone know how strong these lockers are? I'm considering grabbing one of these. It would be in a heavyish rig with up to 40" tires one day. Just don't want to find one and grenade it on the trail...

·
Registered
16,106 Posts
Anyone know how strong these lockers are? I'm considering grabbing one of these. It would be in a heavyish rig with up to 40" tires one day. Just don't want to find one and grenade it on the trail...
For a factory locker, it's probabaly gonna be inexpensive as a takeout. Run it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
After some research, it looks like getting one of these to Canada is not cost effective. And the dealers here want $1132 canadian. So the only option would be getting lucky at a JY.

·
Premium Member
17,878 Posts
Call LKQ Canada. Their southern brethren located a matching set for close to $500 delivered.

·
Registered
6 Posts
After some research, it looks like getting one of these to Canada is not cost effective. And the dealers here want $1132 canadian. So the only option would be getting lucky at a JY.
A guy from BC that posted on 1 Ton Jeeps FB page said he bought new locker for $725CAD.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for the leads all! I have lots of searching to do. I'm a newb to car-part and still on my way to google wizardry. Is that diff for $250 a complete housing? I can't seem to find it. Though have found some potential candidates..

·
E. Spengler
3,828 Posts
How do the customs goons look at your buddy in the States mailing you old car parts?

Eta- You shoud call the dealership I got mine from. They have an internet-parts specific guy, and he didn't blink at sending one to Alaska.

·
Registered
23 Posts
so sitting here at work (Ford dealership parts) and i just sold a 4x4 module for a super duty and it was dirt cheap. so got me thinking why not just use it to control the factory locker even if in a buggy/jeep/whatever

can get the tccm cheap on rock auto, but id hit up wreckers so can get pig tails too. link to the tccm at rock auto

RockAuto

printed out the wiring for the pig tails and looks like you could make it work with just few wires. there are 2 pigtails on the tccm so have pics of both and have highlighted the ones i think you would need other then grounds.

#7 is fused power to the tccm for 4x4 lock. #9 is the power out to locker
<Missing Diagram>
#7 is fused power for the tccm. #15 is from the locker switch
<Missing Diagram>
and this is the pigtail at the locker, #1 is CCF31 and that is #9 in the first pic. then just a frame ground
<Missing Diagram>
The diagrams are missing. :(

Has anyone used the Dana Spicer wiring harness for an Eaton e-locker. It doesn't seem to modulate the voltage down, but does include a relay and fuse, all prewired. About $50.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Anyone successfully put an 11+ axle under an earlier super duty?

I've got a 2015 axle I'd like to put under my 99.

Any solution for the vss?

Is there a way to keep my rear abs?

And then in regards to the locker is everyone just sending 12v to it and they are lasting?

·
Premium Member
4,891 Posts
I wired the OEM locker on my 2018 F350 to an upfitter switch early last year sometime....long before I even knew about the voltage drop from the OEM system.

Mine has been working just fine...

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
couldnt you wire this as ign keyed hot? Then when the vehicle is off, the locker is off. then when the truck in on, the locker can be switched on or off with.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Just bought one from a local Pick a part type lot and paid $63 for the electric locker and the switch on the dash. It was a 2wd truck so it's an on/off knob.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, im still a bit uncertain, will the BC3Z-4026-B Rear Diff with E Locker fit the 10.25? I really need and want an e locker for my 96 f250

·
Registered
11 Posts
It fits the 10.25 but you have to figure out how to route the wire through the housing or cover. I'm using a wire gland similar to what was posted in a video on here.

241 - 260 of 262 Posts